Help Ace 250 with EXcellarator EQ2 coil anyone use this???

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• garrett_134-14x10ga_f.jpg
    garrett_134-14x10ga_f.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 438
OP
OP
relicminer

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Help, anyone?

bowhunter543

Oct 15, 2011
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one last fall but didn't get much chance to use it. Have to wait till spring to really test it.

gordygroover

Sep 2, 2011
Yup, put mine on about a year and a half ago.
I hunt some big, grassy places and the size of the coil does help cover some ground.
Depth is more than the stock coil. Not gonna throw a number at you because I have dug some really deep holes wih my stock coil when conditions are just right.
Pinpointing is exactly the same as the stocker.
Even though the coil is bigger it doesnt seem to have much more mass. Not much different in regards to weight.
Yes, it is a great addition to a Ace unit.
You wont hug the metal fences and playground metal. It really throws a field out from the coil.
For big lots and parks it is a wonderful coil. (likes bottle caps and that is about the only downside}

OP
OP
relicminer

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys, I have already put mine on for the next nice day here... I plan on re-searching my yard as my home was built in 1903 and I have only found clad, but I was learning my detector and would not dig anything deeper than 4-6 IN mostly 4... so I will dig everything this time yard be darned... :icon_thumleft:

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I used one. Got a 4" deep dime that IDed correctly with the stock coil Put on this coil & my 5"+ slightly tilted dime IDed perfectly every time with a real hard lock on. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread