Sandman gets Brand new AT PRO free.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doctor Detroit bought me a new AT Pro during her travels and gave it to me yesterday. It is way different than the other one I have and this one locks on the ID numbers and don't dance around like the other one. I won't sell the first one as I don't want to pass on trouble to someone else so I'll probably keep it for parts. Doctor Detroit said she has been doing well and showed me pics of her travels. So now I think I have one that I will have confidence with. :thumbsup:

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hope it works out for you. Call Garrett and discuss your old one with them, maybe they'll fix it up correctly.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't happen to a better hunter...Congrats my friend.... :icon_thumright:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to hear that Sandman............ I had mine back to Garrett 3 times and still do not have faith in it.........It is a little disappointment to me and i hardly use it.. after being a garrett user since the 1980's.......

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
They sure will fix it...for free. It's under warranty.
There fix on some of the first ones made do not seem to work out good....... And you sort of get upset that every time you send it back you have to shell out $15.00.......

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Good to hear about your 2nd AT Pro Sandman, but for those sent back 2 or 3 times & it still isn't right, I've heard of Garrett taking the detector back & sending a new one. I wonder what/who determines if they do this? I'm sure Garrett must feel bad for those still not fixed properly, and would not require people to keep a detector (under warranty) that does not work right. Best wishes, George (MN)

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
When I sent mine back the factory said they would fix it and send me a gift for my troubles. I said that I would not accept a repaired unit, I would only accept a factory sealed brand spanking new unit, and that I did not want a gift, just keep that. The factory did triple back flips and said "Yes Sir! We are going to do that for you. No problem, we want 100% of our customers to be 100% satisfied".

I'm one of the many 100% satisfied Garrett customers, that's fo sho.

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett did the best with the service and replaced the original I had. But I still have no confidence in that replacement. Maybe the brand new one will work better. I would be all jacked outta shape but I have other water detectors but none have screens. I got in the bad habit of looking at the screen before using the scoop. I may just need to use it more as it is a versatile unit and not for diving. I have enough of those.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
When I sent mine back the factory said they would fix it and send me a gift for my troubles. I said that I would not accept a repaired unit, I would only accept a factory sealed brand spanking new unit, and that I did not want a gift, just keep that. The factory did triple back flips and said "Yes Sir! We are going to do that for you. No problem, we want 100% of our customers to be 100% satisfied".

I'm one of the many 100% satisfied Garrett customers, that's fo sho.
Well could be i will ask for a trade ... Will not hurt to try......I even had the upgrade on mine and still don't trust it.....

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Keep us informed as to the newer machines performance, would like to know your take on it.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Ok...??? Who is Dr. Detroit? Am I missing something :icon_scratch:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Sandman. Our AT Pro has worked great so far. HH

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John-Edmonton said:
Ok...??? Who is Dr. Detroit? Am I missing something :icon_scratch:
Doctor Detroit is a female Indian Jones type and is a real doctor. She lived with me for awhile and I taught her and her class metal detecting and the use of the Excal. She's back in the US and setting up practice again. Classie lady and missing the shopping gene most women have. So I never had to sit in fabric shops.

Lonestar

Feb 20, 2006
Muncy, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman,
You got to be one (talented of course) lucky fellow to have friends like this! Just thought I (as many other wannabes, lurkers) enjoy reading all your posts and advice! Thanks

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The woman that had the user name, Doctor Detroit must not be a member here anymore since I couldn't find her in the membership. Maybe she hasn't posted in awhile. She really got ticked off at me once when I told her that if there was ever a woman I wanted to take deer hunting she would be it. She could drag out the deer with me over her shoulder. Maybe I shouldn't have said that, but I meant it as a complament.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread