Ace 250 and New SunRay Probe!!!!

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• YF-1_MOUNTED_ON_ACE_250_2.jpg
    YF-1_MOUNTED_ON_ACE_250_2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 337
OP
OP
relicminer

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK if no one has used this on the Ace have you ever used one and what do you think?

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the Sunray probe with a Sovereign years ago, and wouldn't hunt without it. It uses the detectors circuitry, and it's like using a 1" coil on your detector. Never found a better probe with regard to depth, and the ability to discriminate based on the settings of the detector. Never used a Garrett pinpointer, but can highly recommend the Sunray.

Hope this helps,
HighPlainsHunter

OP
OP
relicminer

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys, I know a lot of Minelab guys use them, and thought it would be great for tot lots and parks, I don't know how well I would like it Relic hunting, awful attached to my PRO-POINTER!!!! :icon_thumleft:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Sunray S-1 inline probe with the Sov GT and wouldn't be without it. As you said it works off the detectors circuity and is like a one inch coil that has about a 6 inch depth off the tip and not the sides. Another advantage is you won't walk away from the hole and forget it.

Kevenater

Jan 10, 2007
Cullman, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
ace 250 with sunray, i've had it for a few years now and love it although I haven't been detecting in a couple years...... lol stupid me! I just can't hardly get time and never really found anything worth a crap when i got started and kinda got frustrated. I plan on starting back sometime.

OP
OP
relicminer

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Kev, let me know how you like it once you get used to it... Once you learn the 250 you'll love it... But like you said I too want the AT Pro!!!! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread