First Day out with Used Treasure Ace 300

arehm

Mar 3, 2012
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I stopped in to a local metal detecting shop and bought a used treasure Ace 300 for $140 after talking to the owner of the shop that it was great for finding coins and jewelry, so I took it to the beach and found 4 quarters, a token, dime, and a few pennies. I used the recommended beginner settings to find the coins. I have read some good and bad reviews about the treasure Ace 300 and I can say that I'm glad I bought it :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
arehm

arehm

Mar 3, 2012
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found more coins today at a park with the Treasure Ace 300, there starting to add up. I finally decided this afternoon I'm going to have to buy a Garrett pin pointer. some coins were down deep and will have to retrieve them later with a pin pointer. With this detector it can give you false readings in deep trashy areas as I'm starting to learn this thing, but I think overall it's a good detector for beginners and it does find coins well :icon_thumright:

masterofdisaster

Jan 24, 2012
Ionia,michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree.. any detector is better then no detector..and any detector can find coins silver or gold, if you put the effort into it..plus it sure beats sitting on the couch watching the tube day in and day out..Happy hunting.

Gregmid40

Mar 20, 2013
Advance, NC.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter VLF/TR 840, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Fisher 1225,1260,1265,1266,1270X, Garrett Freedom Ace CDC, MP Series MP5 Pro, Garrett Coin Hunter TR Disc. (1978), Mikron NRG-110, De
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I concure.

:cool:
I agree.. any detector is better then no detector..and any detector can find coins silver or gold, if you put the effort into it..plus it sure beats sitting on the couch watching the tube day in and day out..Happy hunting.

Oh so true, so true. But also having good places to metal detect (that aren't too far to drive to) sure does help too, if you're on a budget like i am.

Last edited:

Gregmid40

Mar 20, 2013
Advance, NC.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter VLF/TR 840, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Fisher 1225,1260,1265,1266,1270X, Garrett Freedom Ace CDC, MP Series MP5 Pro, Garrett Coin Hunter TR Disc. (1978), Mikron NRG-110, De
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Response to Ahrem's origional post

Ahrem. I wonder how your machine compares to a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger? Have you ever used a Time Ranger? The Time Ranger is pretty capable but mine, even though it seems to go fairly deep (11" on quarters is claimed by Bounty Hunter), although I've never found any coins this deep with this machine yet, and also finds really small, interesting objects, smaller than coins still found really deep, it (still) has the slow recovery speed problem that is all too common to most of the lower-end detectors unless of course one can afford a Teknetics G2, T2, or Fisher F70, F75, or something like the Garrett AT Pro/AT Gold, or even an XP Goldmaxx from Bulgaria. Just the fact that all these lower-priced detectors like yours and mine have a much longer response-time over closely-spaced objects (means) that it's a guarantee that there will be 'masked' good targets next to bad targets that will also be rejected because the reset time from the bad to the good object right beside it is too long. So I was just interested on how yours does with depth as I was toying with the idea of purchasing one like yours soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread