New AT Pro

Oldhunter67

Aug 21, 2009
Central, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV, Whites 6T, Garrett AT Pro ( Have used DFX, XLT, Fisher, Garretts )
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received my new AT Pro with both the regular and 5x8 DD coil. Will be using it for the first time tomorrow. Read the user handbook..watched all the videos on the Garrett site and am an experienced hunter since the early 1970's. I did notice one thing that bothered me about this detector. When inserting the coil pin and the headphone jack I noticed that there is only one way it can be inserted and that the pins were almost tiny. When I lined them up I could feel they were correct but they didnt seem to slide in easily.
I tighten the rings about 3 turns each finger tight. Turned on the AT Pro and all worked fine. The pins seemed about 1/8th inch wide and I was really worried I might bend them...so I did take alot of time to be sure everything lined up before securing the rings and didnt force anything . Guess what I am trying to say is that maybe this may be a reason that some of the detectors malfunctioned.If the pins and the guides dont line up your going to bend or crush those pins. Just a heads up for those receiving their new Spring Specials. As for me ? I am ready to go and couldnt be happier knowing I have purchased a really great detector..Have owned Garretts before and they always served my needs. Happy hunting folks!!

goodmore

Nov 12, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the wires are trained they get easier to plug in. Watch the little O Rings. Keep Lube on them.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes that was not a good idea on the coil & Headphone plugs..... Why they did such a dumb thing i don't know..

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure your O rings went inside the receptacle...they have to be pushed in with a wiggle...the rings wont pull them in.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think you'll like the at pro, i like mine, got both coils also. pinpointing was difficult for me at first, now i can pinpoint great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread