Useless Eater

Greenie
Mar 12, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new ace 350 I just got monday and I have used it everyday and it seemed to be working fine until I turned it on today and it will not stop beeping. It bounces around between the penny and nickel on the display and a slight tap on the coil will give an iron signal. I have not abused it at all and was having a great time with it, the 4th thing I dug was a ring. I purchased it from kellyco and tried to call them and garrett but it was past their hours. I double checked my cable connection, the batteries and held the power button until it gave 2 beeps but it didn't help. Is there anything else I can try or is it defective?

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you leave it outside in the garage or vehicle overnight and was it a bit cold out? The temp may be affecting the batteries.

OP
OP
U

Useless Eater

Greenie
Mar 12, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no, its been indoors and the batteries show full strength on the display

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what to say then. Just be patient, there's some smart people on here and one of them may have your answer soon. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a coil cover if there is take it off and clean it there mite minerals in there mes-sen with it.

OP
OP
U

Useless Eater

Greenie
Mar 12, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it doesn't have a coil cover, I talked to kellyco they are going to replace it now its going to seem like an eternity to get it though

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this thread is from March and the original poster sent his back for replacement.

I'm just putting this out for people with the same problem to possibly save them from having to deal with returning it.

I had this same problem on my new Ace350 and did this to fix the problem:

The first thing I did was to check the battery level (they were full) and I removed them then reinstalled them.
That worked one time.

I also did this one other time and it worked.
According to the Ace350's Owners Manual on page #14 to restore to factory settings, it says to hold the power button for 5 to 10 seconds (until the detector produces a fast double beep) I did this after the unit was already powered on.

If that doesn't fix it try checking the connections to the coil as others have said in other posts I have read.
I also read in the manual Troubleshooting Guide pg # 35 about turning down the sensitivity if you get erratic sounds or target ID cursor movement.

It's nice to finally contribute something back to this great forum and it's members.
Hope this helps.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Constant beeping and unreliable performance typically means weak batteries. In which case, check each battery separately, one might be bad and it could be the cause of the problem. Very high humidity can also be an issue. Start playing with disc. settings and see if that stabilizes the unit.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i had this happen to my GTI1500 and put in new batterys and did every thing that was told here..... But in the end i had to send it to Garrett for repair...... And they did a good job for me and fast........

Dirkdigger

Greenie
Mar 22, 2012
Morris cove CT
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350, modded Cen-tech pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had same issue from day one, I think the automatic ground balancer gets stuck, my display screen jumped as if the Titanic was a foot under my lawn.

1. Cheap batteries, not sure why that caused issues my display said full charge and batteries were brand new.
2. Reset button, worked on this unit twice..
3. Underground electrical wires had my unit screaming like a fat girl on prom night.. Took me a day of non use for machine to ground itself again. Why.? Probably because I paid 300, not a grand for a solid unit..
4. In short I have wasted countless hours in the three months since my purchase of this machine! Although I'm not an expert in this field, I know when I've been sold a flimsy pacman looking machine that sends off more false alarms then a kardashian pregnancy test.
Have I found treasures with my ace 350 on every hunt? Yes, this machine will beep walking over metal, so would and conductor bouncing signals through the atmosphere off metal surfaces... So far I haven't heard the difference between hundreds of coins I've dug next to bottle caps, the headsup display settles on one of ten choices and dances all over the screen. Metal !,,,, yes but what kind? I have to dig everything.

Mr. Garret should call Asian production plant and tell them to stick to calculator watches, I'm going to give this unit to my rain man 6 year old nephew to keep him busy as I invest in something a bit more reliable..

Target I.d my Ass, I've got a better chance call in Dion Warwicks hotline for predictions, or finding a better use for pull tabs that sound off like change on a daily basis.

Thanks for reading, I'm never shy about my opinions, if something blows I'll be sure to let you know....

Last edited:

wildpig

Jul 25, 2015
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same problem with my Ace 350 yesterday. It was constantly beeping at about the foil marker. Even with it pointed to the sky. Hit the reset several times, which didn't matter. Battery level was showing close to 100%, and were just a few hrs at the most used. Removed all batteries, and no change either. Called Kellyco when I got back to the house, and waited for 15 min for a tech. Finally got a secretary and gave her a message to have the tech call. After about 3 hrs he called and said just lower the sensitivity. I had already did that, and it had to be below 50% sensitivity to even stop beeping, then it was not strong enough to pick up anything. A few hrs later, it was working fine. Pretty disappointed in customer service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread