Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The DD coil will allow you to separate targets better, and a bigger coil will allow for greater depth.

Wayne

coin hunter

Jan 13, 2008
Sidney, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett,1500 , 2500, AT PRO, Garrett Pin pointer,AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son Put a DD coil on his 250 about two years . He notice right away that he was hitting deeper targets. I guess it comes down to how much are willing to spend.

OP
OP
S

spartan54

Greenie
Apr 4, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son Put a DD coil on his 250 about two years . He notice right away that he was hitting deeper targets. I guess it comes down to how much are willing to spend.

How do you like the AT PRO that you list in your profile coin hunter, is it a dramatic step up from Ace series? I feel like I have gone as far as I can with my Ace 250 can anyone tell me the next step if I stick with Garett? Wayne Ii note you are a dealer any advice....Thank you

coin hunter

Jan 13, 2008
Sidney, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett,1500 , 2500, AT PRO, Garrett Pin pointer,AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I enjoy using the AT PRO. Although I have both a 1500 ,2500 that has some extra features,Volume control, imaging etc the AT PR0 rocks. I'm going a lot deeper with the AT PRO. I do dig a little bit more with the AT PRO but that's a good thing. I've been back to two of my hunted sites and found a 1919 Dime and a 1898 Dime that I missed. I wouldn't say the AT Pro isn't a dramatic step up from the 250 but its close. If you are really looking for a new machine the AT Pro is the way to go. The 350 is basically a 250 with a DD coil. I am very happy with the AT PRO !!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spartan54, the Ace is a good machine. What you will find with the At Pro is that it will go deeper, provide you more information on targets (two digit ID Numbers), better target separation due to the DD coil and it will allow you to hunt in wet environments and water which will open up areas you could not hunt before.

The standard mode will remind you of the Ace with similar tones. As you get familiar with it, the pro mode allows for an enhanced experience. The Pro mode gives you proportional audio, so you will know if a target is deep or not just by the volume of the audio.

The Spring Sports Pack includes both the standard 8.5X11 DD coil and the 5X8 DD coil, At Pro cap, as well as both coil covers and Steve Moore's book Relic Quest. If I can help you in any way, please give me a call!

OP
OP
S

spartan54

Greenie
Apr 4, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coin Hunter if money wasn't an issue would you wait and save for a 1500 /2500 or go with the PRO..by the way money is an issue here? Everything I've read is consistent regarding the 350...that it is the same as the 250 with the DD coil that's why I initially asked about the coil. Spend a hundred plus to upgrade for the dd coil or move on up? I appreciate your help CH ....and I'm listening Wayne . Thanks!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ace 350 is a little higher frequency, so it has better iron discrimination. All other features (modes, notching, etc.) are the same. So for the $85 difference from the 250 to the 350, you get the bigger coil, DD coil benefits of better target separation, a little better iron discrimination and a set of headphones.

Ace 250 6.5 KHZ / Ace 350 8.25 KHZ / At Pro 18KHZ

The lower KHZ is a little more conductive to silver and iron, higher is more conductive to gold. Detectors from various manufacturers run from 3-75 KHZ. Even though the At is a higher frequency, it is still very sensitive to silver.

If it were me, I'd try to move up to the At Pro, it's a great value for the money. Of course, I'm biased (dealer), but we get a lot of people that start with an Ace and move up to the AT series, some within just a few months.

Aquinomas

Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello T.N, Im new to Md'ing and i Purchased a Ace 250, so far I've searched 5 Different Public Parks about 1hr each and two of them i know are Pretty Old, and Still No Silver just Pennies, Dimes and Quarters. Funny thing is All My Finds from all 5 parks Date from 1975-1984, its Weird how their all around the same age and all are found around 4"-5" deep. That leads me to wonder are all the Older Coins Much Deeper? And thats the Reason I bought a 13" Ultimate DD Coil for ACE 150/250 made by Detech, should be here 11/8/2012 . And hopefully ill get some extra depth. My deepest find was a Solid hit a 1974 Dime at 7"-8" or so, but i haven't had any solid hits on anything deeper so far. With my standard 6.5x9" coil. Ive been looking at the Garrett At Pro but if my Ace 250 can hit a little deeper with the Detech 13" DD coil then ill just stick with it. One thing i realized is if its a Dime or Quarter the Ace 250 will Sing Like a Canary leaving no Doubt it is what it is...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread