AT Gold Gets Some Buried Loot Out Of A Hole In The Woods

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
icebreakup.jpg

Spring has sprung.....the ice is breaking up in the North Saskatchewan River and there are only a few snow patches left in the woods. A great day for a hunt. The temp. got up to a sweaty 62.6 F/17 C. I needed a shower awfully bad after I got home.

holecoins.jpg

I was working some trails, when I came upon a hole, filled with rocks and sand. My coil ran over it, and I got a signal VDI reading in the 80's. I dug a penny, then I still kept getting signals until i cleaned it out. I was surprised to get 24 coins with a value of $2.12 out of it. What a strange occurance. Maybe there's a guy buried down there. :skullflag:

spoonground.jpg

I knew I was in an old picnic area because of all the trash buried and this old spoon. I am always up to a challenge of creating something out of some of the junk I dig, so after my photo session, I created another spoon ring, as shown below:

SPOONRING-1.jpg

After a little elbow grease and polishing, a nice shiny ring appeared from under all that brown oxidation. :)

chatmangreer

Mar 4, 2012
Greer, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! Good to see another AT Gold swinger. Only had mine out a couple times so far and have a few coins. Me and FastJman (member) have a couple creeks to hit and get used to pulling out some yellow.

FastJMAN1

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know if you find him. LOL
He carried more coins than I have on average.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread