AT pro coil question

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the Garrett buyers guide the coils available for purchase for the ace 350 and the at pro have different product numbers and prices: ie AT Pro 8.5x11 DD coil is product 2222400 $159.95 and the Ace 8.5x11 DD coil is product 2222000 $139.95. The Ace series operates at frequencies (depends on the model); 8.25khz to 6.5khz while the AT Pros (depends on gold series or not) are 18khz to 15khz. If you can use an ace series coil on a at pro it might impact your performance. Perhaps one of the Garrett dealers can chime in as my information is based on the published specs only.

Oh and probably more important here is the fact that the AT Pro is waterproof to 10 ft so the coil connector has an "o" ring that once seated makes a waterproof connection. This fact is probably the major difference in the coils; ace vs at pro.

Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won't work on the At Pro. The connector and frequencies are different. They are the same form factor.

OP
OP
dustytrails123

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alrighty thanx much for the bad news i was hoping to upgrade to a at pro and keep my nel without buying a new 1 but i guess it should be worth something when i do sell it

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett has a promotional package right now with two coils on the At Pro, it's called the At Pro Sports Pack. It has some great savings!

Wayne

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread