Would you use a 250 or 2500?

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I have both an Ace 250 and a GTI 2500. The one I choose to use depends upon conditions. If you're looking for a referral...I would recommend a Newbie begin with an Ace 250. It's extremely easy to use right out of the box, gives a good signal and is very affordable at $212. The 2500 ran me almost $1000. It has a longer learning curve. The voice audio can be annoying. It does seek very deep and it has loads of features, 2 box capability etc.... I consistently dig targets 12-18 inches with the 2500. You'll never get that kind of depth from the 250 which means that you'll miss some targets. With the 2500 I can go to an area that is "hunted out" and dig deeper targets that others couldn't even get a signal on and come away with silver. That's the main advantage to the 2500. In really weedy conditions I like the Ace 250 because it's lightweight. It also doesn't bother me to abuse it a little more because at $212 it's disposable. I tend to baby the 2500 because it cost 5 times the 250. I can say this....my next detector will be another Garrett; probably the AT Pro.

We have guys with a couple 250's, an AT Pro, GTI 2500 and a couple of Whites and a Bounty Hunter in our group. Regardless of what they are running, everybody finds things.

See us in the North Central Pennsylvania Ghost Town Group on TreasureNet. We hunt ghost towns nearly every week and have made some great finds in the past and recently.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread