kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2 fitty works for me......they all work you just gotta practice with the detector you are using!

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an Ace250 and really like it.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would use the 250 because I dont have a 2500.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I would be wondering what I was missing the entire time using the 250.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be wondering what I was missing the entire time using the 250.
Yep I wonder every night as I look at my collection as i have found 3-4 times the value of my investment of the detector

Last edited:

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its also funny that the whites & mine labby trolls are always in the Garrett forum.....Why is that?

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would consider a 1350, great little unit!

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Its also funny that the whites & mine labby trolls are always in the Garrett forum.....Why is that?

First of all, I wasn't trolling anything. I just think the 2500 would obviously be a better detector. "Whites and Mine Labby trolls"? I favor no brand in particular, maybe Los Banos Fishers if I had to pick. I'm sure people make good finds with the 250. You really need to lighten up Kayden, not everything is a personal attack on you and your equipment.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, I wasn't trolling anything. I just think the 2500 would obviously be a better detector. "Whites and Mine Labby trolls"? I favor no brand in particular, maybe Los Banos Fishers if I had to pick. I'm sure people make good finds with the 250. You really need to lighten up Kayden, not everything is a personal attack on you and your equipment.
Just having some fun sir ...I appoligize if I affended you

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It's not what you said guy, it's HOW you said it. You come off as trolling. You make quite a few comments, that you claim aren't intended to be smug, towards people using what would be considered "lower end machines", due to the lower pricing. You have to explain you coments quite a bit, that alone says something.

It's because of dudes like you, and a few others, I bowed out of this place real early on and stopped posting my finds.

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I would use the 2500 over the 250 because the 2500 is ten times better, do the math. Even if it is a bit heavier. :laughing9:

Last edited:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use the 250. The 2500 is a joke of a machine at its price. You can get the same results with the 250 and probably better results with an AT Pro. It's a dinosaur of a machine in terms of technology and in weight.

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curiousgirl0210 said:
I am sure its a no brainer but figured there may be some people preferring the 250 and give good reasons why other then the obvious weight. 2500 gets heavy after an hour but afraid if I switch to 250 i may miss something

The 250 has a much slower response time in between targets,you just have to hunt slower,personally I would go with a Tesoro,reasons,their deep,light,get a Tesoro you can ground balance yourself,the 250 has a factor set gb,the TID is over rated,you dig what you here,you still have disc and you will find lots of goodies,the 2500is an over priced over weight machine,the only plus on a 2500 is you know when you have a quarter,that's it! Garrett's were the way To go go in the 70s, your going to miss a lot of good items with any Garrett,the only good thing that Garrett has out worth a dang "in my opinion" is the Garrett pro pinpointer

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
I don't see COINSTRIKING MICHIGAN as trolling. He has a Garrett 1500 listed as one of his machines. Plus I couldn't seem to find anything offensive in his post... "I would be wondering what I was missing the entire time using the 250."

I can easily recommend the 250 but only because I have one and know it sooooooooo well. If you're thinking about the 2500 and weight, consider and look up DOC'S SWINGY THINGY. That'll help with the weight. Am I missing stuff? Probably but I can live with the 10% I can't find for the 90% I can find. I keep jewelry, older coins, and interesting stuff but my main are of expertise is CHERRY PICKING. Year before last, I hunted every day. After expenses, my average take was $3/day. Doing the math that's $90/mo. but taking out bus fare and fuel costs (!@&*!) I clear about $60/mo. Sure, it's not that much but, as a retiree, it keeps me busy. My ACE 250 bought me a Garrett Propointer, Sniper Coil, 2 foam pads for my knees, and a new Tesoro Vaquero. The Vac bought me another Garrett Propointer...my wife digs with me (and...keeps ALL the jewelry!) Last year was slower as I was doing a TON OF FISHING...remember, I'm retired! If I got another Garrett, I'd probably consider the AT Pro. I like things lighter as I get older. I mainly hunt beaches and parks and occasionally old home or farm sites (hence, the Vaquero) but if I was doing Civil War areas I might go with a Minelab, Whites, or Tesoro Tejon.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I had an Ace 250-actually, several at different times. Deepest dime with accurate ID 4". Then I got the AT Pro. In my first few hours of use, I got a dime down 7" that IDed correctly. This was in moderately mineralized soil that was very dry-and hard! Also does good at getting tilted coins, & coins close to trash. The standard mode is real easy to learn, just keep the manual ground balance set correctly. The Pro mode might be more difficult but can do more, like detect a coin under a nail. The AT Pro can go underwater to 10', and many gold rings are lost in waist-deep water.

I've not used a GTI-2500, but heard they go pretty deep in all metal. Doc's Swingy Thingy ($37.95) makes heavy detectors feel very light. It's a bungee harness.

I also like the Teknetics G2, same guts, just different handle, than the Gold Bug Pro DP. Light, easy to learn, deep, gets coins close to trash & iron, constant ground phase reading tells you when to adjust the manual ground balance. And the numerical ID is very large. Rejected objects give a very soft beep & display a tiny numerical ID. This dual processor is the reason it does so well in trash & iron. Best wishes, George (MN)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
First of all, I wasn't trolling anything.
Coinstriking ..There is one member on Tnet here that is always calling me a troll...... Why i don't know i guess just to be a pain in the neck..Do what i do................. I now just don't pay any attention to him it's not worth my time......

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
OK i had the 250 and the 1500 never had the 2500.................. But i will say that i really liked the 1500 it is about the same as the 2500 ...... I sold my 250 and kept my 1500........... i now have a ATPro ..... But i think i liked the 1500 better than i like the ATPro.... But i went and sold my 1500 to late now.... But i am getting use to my AT..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread