AT Pro Question..

Eagledigs

Feb 17, 2012
Hattiesburg, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got an AT Pro about 4 months ago and really like it. I have been fortunate enough to get permission to hunt a few Civil War sites here in Mississippi. I have had success in finding different types of bullets and shell fragments most of which are no deeper than 6 inches. I have a 2 day hunt coming up next weekend and have a question about settings. The mineralization in these areas are 80-85 and I have been using the auto ground balance..I am using the 8.5x11 DD coil b/c a lot of the areas have trash also. I have been hunting in custom mode, full sensitivity, iron descrimination at about 25. My questions are: 1)Do I need to manually ground balance and lower that #? 2)Use zero mode and set the discrimination # lower or not discrim at all? I want to the max depth I can of course. I have watched the Garrett training videos and feel I have gotten pretty good at using the machine. The mineralization issue and ground balancing is my biggest issue...Thanks !

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can use either the auto GB or manual in Pro mode, but lowering the Sens. a little actually gets you more depth because the detector isn't seeing all the minerals this way.

OP
OP
E

Eagledigs

Feb 17, 2012
Hattiesburg, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, Sandman..Do you suggest I back the ground balance # down a few and hunt in the Zero mode w/ low discrimination. I will back the sensitivity down a notch or two..I am hunting in the Pro setting of course..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread