"Are Those Used To Shock Fish In The Water?" Asked The Fish And Wildlife Officer.....

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
"Are Those Used To Shock Fish In The Water?" Asked The Fish And Wildlife Officer.....

ahha.jpg

Three of us headed out this morning for a water hunt. As you can see in the above pic, we were prepared for any misfortunes such as leaky coils, dead batteries, electrical malfunction......anything Murphy's law might bestow upon us. Fortunately, all went flawlessly and we had a great day until thunder & lightning started, at which point we called it quits.

At one point, I left the freshwater lake for a bodily function break, and when I returned to the water, I was stopped by a Fish and Wildlife Officer, who had been watching us from his cruiser, and thought perhaps we were shocking fish with our equipment :laughing7:. I broke out laughing at what he said, and after I did some explaining, he too had a good laugh. Seems he was from the east coast, and had never seen one of these metal detectors before, and seeing the 3 of us in the water on a cool day 18 C /56 F got his curiosity.

One of us got three rings...(not I) and the other two got zero rings. Below is my take for the day. Not bad, since the ice had just recently meted, and nobody has been in the water yet this year. :)

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 288
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
:thumbsup: Made me spit coffee on my keyboard!!!! Thank you for the giggle!!!!! :icon_thumright:

I forgot about that hunt.......thanks for the reminder. It was one of those ......"precious moments"....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not everyone knows about detectors thank goodness.

TomPA

Feb 13, 2011
Western PA.
Detector(s) used
F75
AT Pro Gold
Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Should of told him that they were fish finders and you were searching for STEELhead! In all metal mode of course.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should of told him that they were fish finders and you were searching for STEELhead! In all metal mode of course.

Now that was funny LOL

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are Those Used To Shock Fish In The Water?" Asked The Fish And Wildlife Officer..... my answer would have been '' No but it will shock me if I find anything"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread