Nickel Targets

mestiz0

May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys just a quick question, im using the garret ace 250 and im starting to get the hang of it. I've found quarters, shotgun shells, random handgun shells, cans (whole and shredded) a million can tabs and a junk opal ring. Everything i have found has come up as dimes or higher on the target id but when i do get a nickel hit.... well i can never find whatever it is down there. I dig down for miles sometimes lol. Is there any trick to digging the nickel signals? Thanks for the Help! :-)

Will

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beavertails on edge are what gets me more than anything. A good pinpointer will find them on the walls of the hole.

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think there's much of a trick. If you are digging pull tabs then you should also get nickels. If you are having a clean repeatable signal and you can't find the target i'd think your just off on pinpointing. Get a pro pointer.

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea I must admit a pro pointer is a good idea. I think we all do the old trick of turning 90 degrees on a target to get it rough location but what helped me the most with a new detector was,,, I buried some "test " coins in know locations in our garden and watched what the detector did.
Good luck !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions