please help garrett ace 250 arm cuff

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you still have warranty i would contact garrett you might wanna contact them regardless they are very good and alot of times will fix it warranty or not

OP
OP
cmalo1985

cmalo1985

Dec 26, 2011
centereach, long island
Detector(s) used
garretts ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
k thank you im gunna check if i got a warranty cause i just got it in december lol. guess i had the strap to tight lol was detecting next thing i knew felt loose on my arm and i looked and the side waas cracked grrrr lol. thanks for the advice

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1- Garrett warranty, 2- Garrett replacement parts service, 3- Local welder. I'll bet Garrett would replace it if it shows no abuse as its not supposed to break.
hey if you're not finding some trash you're not in the right place anyway. Happy Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cuff broke the same way on my AT pro last week...I put the one off my Ace 250 on my AT because its the same thing...got to call Garrett to see if they wil send me a new one. My wife said I was disrepecting my Ace by robbing parts from it. :laughing7:

OP
OP
cmalo1985

cmalo1985

Dec 26, 2011
centereach, long island
Detector(s) used
garretts ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys for all the advice contacted garrett waiting for a reply. but for now i fixed it with sum crazy glue and miracle putty actually worked holding strong lol actually tested it in my back yard for a lil and it held up lol. so this temp fix will do for a lil till i get a new cuff lol.

worthy

Dec 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro , whites pi , garrett ace 250, c-scope ib
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fell with my atpro and did the same thing.(slipped on mud)

OP
OP
cmalo1985

cmalo1985

Dec 26, 2011
centereach, long island
Detector(s) used
garretts ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to hear that worthy. didnt fall with mine was just swining and snap lol so sucks but hey since i fixed it i found 2.00 in clad at a local tot lot the other day lol. but still waiting to hear back from garrett on a replacement part. oldest coin found so far was in my back yard lol 1929 wheat penny dien to find sum older coins. then again i have only searched my yard and this tot lot by my house still a newbieeee lol o and found a silver ladies chain in my yard lol but no pendant with it grrrr lol.

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CMALO, doesn't it bother you that you have to keep undoing the strap to dig?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to the factory direct. Instamundo satisfacione. It's a simple phone call away. You'll have the part in the mail with your partents' debit or credit card pronto. This works best for most brands, and for any parts still in production. The dealer will take care of you too, he will tell you to call the factory. He does not usually stock arm cuffs and such. He might, but just call the factory to avoid any delay.

Last edited:

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Mine broke on my AT Pro last week and I called Garrett and simply told them it broke. The first thing they said was..."I'll take care of that for you" they are sending me one for free. I'm very impressed with their customer service.

davbigdave1

Jun 20, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Spectrum XLT, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A person need to Look and shop around. Nothing wron with paying a few Bucks for a Part you need.
!st Thing call the Company Derict and see How things go.
2.) Depends on Service and or Warranty, if NOT contac MetalDetector.com and ck prices and whats Avalible.
A person needs to ck all options and decide for them selves.
Haters Noting wrong with .com

Example
Metaledector.com
KellyCo.com
Garret.com
Get the Hint

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Metaldetector.com is awesome. No insult intended, my comments were directed at the op. All appologies. My bad. Clearly, Metaldetector.com is a good source and probably offers plenty of good products cheaper than the factory. I was wrong. My intent was to address the simple problem of a broken part on the op's machine. He acted like he had no clue as to where to begin to find a part for his machine, which is cool, maybe he cant figure it out. Well duh, call the factory. A caveman would know that. A caveman might not have ever heard of Joe's metal detector parts. But now he knows he can call the factory. Or Joe's metal detector parts. Dot com. WTF.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cmalo1985

cmalo1985

Dec 26, 2011
centereach, long island
Detector(s) used
garretts ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gleaner that site is really good they have like everything for really good prices. heard back from garrett they will be sending me a replacement but i def will get things from metaldetector.com cause they really do sell at good prices thanks.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cuff broke the same way on my AT pro last week...I put the one off my Ace 250 on my AT because its the same thing...got to call Garrett to see if they wil send me a new one. My wife said I was disrepecting my Ace by robbing parts from it. :laughing7:
Just called Garrett. They asked for my name, address and zip code and said they woul mail one right away, no other questions asked. Took one minute.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread