GTI 2500 gone haywire

Contractor1900

Jun 17, 2005
Barrington, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoping someone can suggest a solution, I have a 2500, I've been off the grid for a few years from the hobby, last time I used my detector it worked fine. I packed it away without the batteries in it. I just put fresh batteries in and fired it up, it is not functioning properly at all. The treasure talk function is possessed and spits out a constant stream of random words and the display randomly and constantly lights up all over. None of the buttons respond. I'm guessing I need to send this back to Garret.

OP
OP
Contractor1900

Contractor1900

Jun 17, 2005
Barrington, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... And having noticed that I asked this same question a couple of years ago, I checked all of the buttons and none are stuck or sticking and there aren't any cracks in the coil or sheathing. I have yet to try the factory reset since I don't know how to do that yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Contractor1900

Contractor1900

Jun 17, 2005
Barrington, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I'm a dunce, looked up the simple factory reset, all is well with the detector again. It's working properly again. Hold power button for 5 seconds.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you got it all by yourself.... Good to have the detector back online...

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Contractor1900

Contractor1900

Jun 17, 2005
Barrington, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It'll be good to get back out again, been far too long. Already dug up a modern dime in the yard of my new house, looking forward to hitting the parks at the new park district that I now work at.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Your machine was punishing you for abandonment-

What I really like about my 2500 is the ability to search for one very specific item and discriminating out everything else. It's a great machine and if I don't get using it again I'm going to get punished like you did!

OP
OP
Contractor1900

Contractor1900

Jun 17, 2005
Barrington, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.I.B. - you're probably right, I was being punished, and rightfully so!

But now I have a bunch of new parks to hunt and possibly a golf course in their off season that dates back to the 1920's. Al Capone operated out of the main building for a number of years. I work for a park district that has some really old properties. Now if only the drought would break so that I could actually dig a hole!

TN_INDIAN

Jul 4, 2012
WEST TN
Detector(s) used
F2,pinpointer that came with it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finally got rain here n tn yesterday. everything seems to work better after a good rain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions