AT PRO cuff holder

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me thinks you are too aggressive with your fast swings.........I hate the cuff arm band too and try not to use it.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Me thinks you are too aggressive with your fast swings..........

I tend to agree, I've hunted for 10+ years and never broken a cuff. Slow down with the swings. You ain't cutting grass, or killing fish... Make your swings 5 seconds from side to side and listen for those soft signals.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know but I think the strap must provide some extra strength. If you really can't stand it, you still might use it with some slack in it.

When I repair model airplanes, I use fiberglass cloth (sort of like a big bandaid) and epoxy on both sides of the break. I would overlap the break by 3/4" or so. I rough up the plastic first with some sandpaper so the epoxy holds better. Probably need two layers of cloth or more depending on the thickness of the cloth. Maybe three layers. LOL Probably need to do one side and let it cure then flip it over otherwise the cloth will sag off from the gravity. Don't use the five minute stuff--it is much weaker and is not totally waterproof. Ace hardware has a good selection. JB Weld is tough but a bit thick. Wear rubber gloves. Cloth weight maybe 3 ounce per yard. Sand off any sharp edges after curing or if you are good you can lay a piece of saran wrap (any thin plastic) over the glue and carefully smooth it down. I wait until it starts to set up first. Leave the plastic on until cured. It will look professional.

Last edited:

mario1972

Greenie
Jul 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garett At Pro International NEL HUNTER 8.5x12.5 DD ,5x8DD,Propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Carpel!
I have had the same problem with my At Gold. What I did?. Just informed ha Garrett CS about it and I received quick replacement.
Have a nice day.
Mario.

Last edited:

DIGGING1971GUY

May 20, 2011
Hi,I am on my 3rd cuff on my At pro ,I will admit I am ruff on mine but I still think there is an issue here .I have found swapping on one from my ace250 has held up longer than 3 of the pro cuffs ,go figure lol

OP
OP
carpel

carpel

Apr 30, 2005
Midwest
Well I think I fixed my cuff problems, I purchased a PVC pipe the same size as cuff and cut it to fit the inside and used two part epoxy to glue it. Spray painted it black and re-applied the foam strip, I do not use the cuff strap. I have used this for over a week and no problems !

Attachments

• DSCN4224.JPG
    DSCN4224.JPG
    577.9 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN4225.JPG
    DSCN4225.JPG
    615.3 KB · Views: 129

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions