Garrettcentral.com

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Feel free to give me a ring. I am a full line Garrett dealer as well. Be sure to mention this forum to get the treasurenet discount I give!

gresults

Jun 19, 2012
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
FISHER Coinstrike, XP Deus , DetecorPro Pirate Pro, Tesoro Cortes.. Dealer for all these lines.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Should not be any issues going with them, depending on unit and shop there are some play in prices, as well.

OP
OP
J

Jcar

Greenie
Jul 8, 2012
Thanks. Just trying to see if they are a reputable place to order from. They seem to be the only place online that lists the cam lock middle shafts for an Ace 350.

gresults

Jun 19, 2012
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
FISHER Coinstrike, XP Deus , DetecorPro Pirate Pro, Tesoro Cortes.. Dealer for all these lines.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You mean the add on cam lock shaft, yes it does appear they are the only one offering that option, I would have to check and see if it is still available since it is not on my price list any longer.

OP
OP
J

Jcar

Greenie
Jul 8, 2012
That's the part. It's odd that it isn't listed in your current price sheet. I thought I had read on Garrett's site that they had started offering it as an accessory this year.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Bart at Big Boy's Hobbies I'm sure he will get you a better deal on both the Ace350 and the middle shaft.
Don't forget to mention you are a forum member.

The middle shaft is an accessory,Black Middle Stem with Camlocks | GarrettCentral.com It came from the AT- Pro's and fits ACE, GTI, or GTAx. Any dealer can add it to the order. I deal with Bart all the time and he is a great guy to deal with and will spend the time to listen to your questions and answer them honestly and not based on the money he can make off you.

By the way, I went you're route starting with an Ace 350. If you will be hunting parks AKA (trashy areas) that are littered with foil, pulltabs ect. I suggest you get the 2 coil deal (8.5x11 DD and 5x8DD) you will need the 5x8 there and it is much cheaper to buy as a package in the beginning than to find out you need it after, and have to purchase it separately. Ask me how I know. :thumbsup: http://bigboyshobbies.net/shop/garrett-ace-350-2-coil-spring-special/

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
J

Jcar

Greenie
Jul 8, 2012
Thanks for the recomendations. I've been running a Soveriegn XS2a for the past 10 years or so and bought the 350 because I was in the mood for something significantly lighter. While the 350 seems like a nice machine, the slight wobble in the shaft drives the grey matter between my ears crazy. I have been giving some thought to the 5 x 8. Do you think it's benefits, over the stock 8 x 10, is worth the $100+ asking price? I do prefer my Minelab BBS 800 coil over the BBS 1000 for trashy sites. However, it appears that there is a greater difference in size between the 1000 and the 800, than there is between the 2 Garrett coils.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the recomendations. I've been running a Soveriegn XS2a for the past 10 years or so and bought the 350 because I was in the mood for something significantly lighter. While the 350 seems like a nice machine, the slight wobble in the shaft drives the grey matter between my ears crazy. I have been giving some thought to the 5 x 8. Do you think it's benefits, over the stock 8 x 10, is worth the $100+ asking price? I do prefer my Minelab BBS 800 coil over the BBS 1000 for trashy sites. However, it appears that there is a greater difference in size between the 1000 and the 800, than there is between the 2 Garrett coils.

The 5x8 REALLY opens up the AT Pro. Most people switch to it and don't go back. I sure didn't! lol Open field hunting for sure use the big coil. Everything else.... 5x8!

OP
OP
J

Jcar

Greenie
Jul 8, 2012
Bart - I checked out your website and can't seem to find the 5 x 8 for an Ace 350. The only one you had listed was for an AT Pro.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jcar said:
Bart - I checked out your website and can't seem to find the 5 x 8 for an Ace 350. The only one you had listed was for an AT Pro.

Call him, he answers the phone 98% of the time and he can usually get your order out the same day.

bigsurgold

Jul 31, 2012
Big Sur, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked out most Garrett dealers, Garrett Central is an online store ran by Medwing, an online multi product retailer. The best place to purchase your Garrett or other product is "Big Boys Hobbies". Don't be fooled by the cheap bonus extras some of the other companies are offering. Bart with BBH has the best service and price available, shipping is extremely fast. Buy USA products!

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes you will be better off to go with Bart at "Big Boy Hobbies"............... Give him a call ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread