Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jul 2012
    Ace 250 At Pro
    19 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

having problems with new atpro.

ok...
    just got my machine today. eveything is put together correctly according to the manual and youtube videos.

it seems to be quite the chatter box. and in pro coins mode it will barely give any audio at all to a target on the top of the grass. but in standard mode it will ring in loud and clear. and it will not hit on a wheat penny ? i tried several targets . quarter. dime. zinc penny and wheat penny. the ace250 i just bought my girlfriend is spot on targets. im trying to be optimistic and hope that it just user error.

us
    Jul 2012
    Ace 250 At Pro
    19 times
    i have litterally just used this thing for about 10 mins

Mar 2005
    Canada
    Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
    462 times
    You might want to spend some time watching some Garrett Videos. I have a feeling you are discing out your target. Click below to get to the videos.

Garrett AT PRO Training, "From the Field" and Tip Videos
    Wife + 4 kids (no grandkids yet)Orthopedics RN, photagraphy,writer, build electronic gizmos, previous hot air balloon pilot, coin collector for 40 years.

"METAL DETECTING IS A HOBBY AND HOBBIES ARE MEANT TO BE ENJOYED"

us
    Apr 2010
    Twin Cities, MN
    AT Pro
    13 times
    Also in coin modes, it notches out some of the middle and low middle numbers; which may be why its not picking up on a wheatie.
    Also go to Std or Pro mode and set it to zero; find a spot that is giving off no hits and then ground balance.
    If it is still a little chattery try messing with the sensitivity or GB manual down a few numbers.
    Also I've heard of someone with chattery problems and they switched frequencies and it went away... Just another thought :-) Love my AT Pro!
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." ~Winston Churchill

us
    Sep 2011
    3 times
    I just got mine a month or so ago, and I have some auditable probs also.. I use pro mode custom mostly and I've noticed from time to time a loss in volume and then it comes back. Kind of odd to me but I was just waiting to see if it was me or anyone else on the forums reported this problem. I really hate to give it up already for repairs, but it does get annouying sometimes.

us
    Apr 2010
    NC
    Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
    62 times
    Relic Hunting
    As simple as this may seem... Check the coil (and headphone) connections. The connectors on the AT-Pro isn't so simple to get firmly connected. The O-rings seem to sqeeze out and there may be a little slop left in the final connection which can cause signal issues. Take it apart, grease the O-rings, align the pins and gently push and wiggle it together. Also tighten the thumb ring as tight as you can to help seat the connector.

Also be sure the coil cable is tightly wrapped around the shaft. A loose, floppy cable will also cause falsing signals.
    Dwight S
    Anyone up for some Dirt Fishin?

us
    Garrett watersports!

Apr 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
    173 times
    Quote Originally Posted by usaftrevor87 View Post
    Also in coin modes, it notches out some of the middle and low middle numbers; which may be why its not picking up on a wheatie.
    Also go to Std or Pro mode and set it to zero; find a spot that is giving off no hits and then ground balance.
    If it is still a little chattery try messing with the sensitivity or GB manual down a few numbers.
    Also I've heard of someone with chattery problems and they switched frequencies and it went away... Just another thought :-) Love my AT Pro!
    This except use pro mode only!
    Just remember...what you miss today...I will find tomorrow!

us
    what hath god wrought

Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    662 times
    tectin crap
    Pro mode, notch out nothing, iron elim at zero, use sensible sense, hear it all, as the pros do. Let that lil chatter box chatter up some good stuff for ya.
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

Sponsors