cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok...
just got my machine today. eveything is put together correctly according to the manual and youtube videos.

it seems to be quite the chatter box. and in pro coins mode it will barely give any audio at all to a target on the top of the grass. but in standard mode it will ring in loud and clear. and it will not hit on a wheat penny ? i tried several targets . quarter. dime. zinc penny and wheat penny. the ace250 i just bought my girlfriend is spot on targets. im trying to be optimistic and hope that it just user error.

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have litterally just used this thing for about 10 mins

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also in coin modes, it notches out some of the middle and low middle numbers; which may be why its not picking up on a wheatie.
Also go to Std or Pro mode and set it to zero; find a spot that is giving off no hits and then ground balance.
If it is still a little chattery try messing with the sensitivity or GB manual down a few numbers.
Also I've heard of someone with chattery problems and they switched frequencies and it went away... Just another thought :-) Love my AT Pro!

WildOutdoorAddict

Sep 18, 2011
I just got mine a month or so ago, and I have some auditable probs also.. I use pro mode custom mostly and I've noticed from time to time a loss in volume and then it comes back. Kind of odd to me but I was just waiting to see if it was me or anyone else on the forums reported this problem. I really hate to give it up already for repairs, but it does get annouying sometimes.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As simple as this may seem... Check the coil (and headphone) connections. The connectors on the AT-Pro isn't so simple to get firmly connected. The O-rings seem to sqeeze out and there may be a little slop left in the final connection which can cause signal issues. Take it apart, grease the O-rings, align the pins and gently push and wiggle it together. Also tighten the thumb ring as tight as you can to help seat the connector.

Also be sure the coil cable is tightly wrapped around the shaft. A loose, floppy cable will also cause falsing signals.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also in coin modes, it notches out some of the middle and low middle numbers; which may be why its not picking up on a wheatie.
Also go to Std or Pro mode and set it to zero; find a spot that is giving off no hits and then ground balance.
If it is still a little chattery try messing with the sensitivity or GB manual down a few numbers.
Also I've heard of someone with chattery problems and they switched frequencies and it went away... Just another thought :-) Love my AT Pro!
This except use pro mode only!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Pro mode, notch out nothing, iron elim at zero, use sensible sense, hear it all, as the pros do. Let that lil chatter box chatter up some good stuff for ya. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions