AT PRO speaker volume.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am the second owner of an AT Pro. I went to go detecting today and when I turned the unit on I noticed the volume was 75-80% lower than normal. I tried a hard reset,plugging and unplugging the headphones. No luck.

The volume seems fine when the headphones are in use, but I am not a headphone wearer and this is really upsetting as I dont have the money to get it fixed.

Anyone have any similar issues with this machine?

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
If the volume is fine with headphones, then check the speaker diaphragm.
It can happen if the diaphragm pops out (usually forward) of its normal unactivated resting place.

ivanll

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would I fix it?

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
First inspect the speaker to see nothing is preventing it from working, also check in the headphone socket for ingress that might cause a short.
If things looks fine, then make use of Garrett's fine service.

ivanll

WildOutdoorAddict

Sep 18, 2011
I got one 6 weeks ago and the volume is messed up on..the headset works great but you never know if the volume is gonna be normal or if you can barely hear it. I really like it and hate to send it back but It's getting old trying to hear anything most times

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
It sounds more and more like an internal switching anomaly...............time to call Garrett's service dept. for advice.

ivanll

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im so frustrated ill just junk it if it gets any worse.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh nooo dont junk it, one persons junk is another persons treasure, open it up and look at that speaker, thats about as far as I could go with it.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is not loud enough for me either. I hate headphones, but they sure do help. I thought it was just mine that was quiet.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the volume is fine with headphones, then check the speaker diaphragm.
It can happen if the diaphragm pops out (usually forward) of its normal unactivated resting place.

ivanll
Where exactly is the speaker diaphragm? thanks

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't junk it, call Garrett and I'm sure they'll tell you to send the head and coil to them. They'll fix it, should be warrarty. (The detector hasn't been out 2 years yet...)
It'll cost you shipping one-way to Garrett. Garrett will foot the return shipping charges. It'll probably take less than 10 days, round trip.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just call Garrett customer service. They will tell you to send it in. Fill out the simple form online and spend the $5 to mail it in and Garrett will fix it.
It's that simple. Don't believe me? Do a search on Garrett customer service. I have yet to ever hear about them not taking care of a customer.
I had to send mine in and they fixed it for free.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, I am the second owner of an AT Pro. I went to go detecting today and when I turned the unit on I noticed the volume was 75-80% lower than normal. I tried a hard reset,plugging and unplugging the headphones. No luck.

The volume seems fine when the headphones are in use, but I am not a headphone wearer and this is really upsetting as I dont have the money to get it fixed.

Anyone have any similar issues with this machine?

Wild and Ryann,

Call Garrett and ask for Brad K. He is a great guy and can get your problem fixed. AT pro should still be under warranty.

WildOutdoorAddict

Sep 18, 2011
Thanks Bart! Yes mine is less than 2 months old..It's just weird, I stopped quick on my way home since I had it in my car...It was louder today for a change, granted not as loud as my ace 250 but better. I will contact them soon though...thanks again

eddiecurrent

Dec 25, 2015
Treasure coast Fl.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-x2, fisher cz3d and cz 20, tesoro golden sabre II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post when you get it back to let us know what garrett did to fix the problem.
I'm always curious to know what causes malfunctions.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
volume has been my biggest complaint about this machine. Garrett basically told me that it was normal.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post when you get it back to let us know what garrett did to fix the problem.
I'm always curious to know what causes malfunctions.

This was last posted on 3 1/2 years ago. I think they have better things to do by now! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread