1970s Garrett Fortune Hunter Battery usage question

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
2 bats towards the front,or the first 2 from the plug,are for the speaker. These will die faster. They will last longer with a set of headphones.
The second set back are for the electronics. There should be a red sticker on the side.
I use a single headphone that has the mic on it for talking on the pc. I live in Az and want to hear rattlesnakes before they bite me. Hence,a single earpiece.
All you need is the 1/4 inch adapter. Mine is the gold plated one. You don't need a volume control on it either,as it just stays a nice low volume with out hurting your ear drums.
Do you have the Bat tester on yours.

Also,if you are out working the MD,and your sound starts to disappear, you could switch the bats to stay out a little longer. Or just keep 2 spares.
Or,after 3-4 hours of use,switch the bats. Then after another 3-4 hours,switch the bats again. Keep doing this and they will wear out the same.

OP
OP
TheElementOfSand

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i have modified a set of headphones with a resistor inline to limit the sound because this thing can make your ears bleed it is soo loud. And my batteries are quite opposite the 2 in the rear have lost power faster than the 2 in front, it could be because my headphones are using so little power. I just want to make sure that im not loosing depth because im neglecting my batteries. And this MD has no meter no frills just metal/null, volume, discriminator.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mine is the Ads Groundhog. Master Hunter. Switch in the handle instead of the push button.
Auto ground balance,and manual. Metal,Null.Ect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread