Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to describe a sound with typing is impossible. Besides since you are using a Pulse detector, it doesn't really give you a tone to ID the metal. Since gold jewelry is alloyed with other metals with various conductivity, the tone can change. Same with Iron, the larger it is the louder. A bobbie pin on the surface is loud compared to a deep tin can. Ask to borrow a gold ring to test your detector for "tones" to compare it to a pull tab. There won't be a difference. With a pulse you need to just dig it all.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
As with any pulse, the Sea Hunter loves iron. Consequently, it will give off a unique tone over other targets. You will get an echo or halo with iron targets. As far as telling gold from flip-tops to dimes to quarters to bottle caps (rusty old ones will fall into the iron echo). You will not notice a different tone. You will have stronger tones and fainter tones depending on target depth. Like sandman said, Dig It All.

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
Thank you! I am going sunday waist deep water galveston area. Could you give me any suggestions as for the sea hunter mark II? Should i set threshold just above silent so i hear a constant hum or should i turn thrshold up to 5-8? Should i keep elimination at zero or inbetween 0 & 1 in std trsh elim.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Try threshold at where you can just hear it clearly and disc at zero and dig eaverthing until you get used to the detector and in the mean time test as many different targets like rings, coins and chains at different disc settings to get a better understanding as to what the disc is capable of.

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop