Out Using The AT Gold, Randomly Coin Popping- Got Lots Of Coins And A Unique Silver

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Thought I would try the AT Gold/8.5" x 11" DD for a change. It gets great depth, however, the audio I find is better on the 9" x 12" concentric coil for our Canadian coinage. The 5" x 8" DD is also better for Canadian Coinage then its older brother the 8.5" x 11" DD coil. That small DD coil Garrett made available for it's AT line plus the ACE line is probably one of the best coils Garrett has ever built. I hit several schools, just wandering around aimlessly, enjoying my freedom of being on holidays. I just used the Pro-Pointer and screwdriver with the detector to get those coins out of the ground as quick as possible. Using a digger just slows the whole process down, and making holes in sports fields is one way to lose hunting privileges. The ring I dug had a plaid fabric wrapped around the sterling silver ring. I thought perhaps that it added a Scottish characteristic to it. Either way, it is definitely a first.

Attachments

• ring fabric.jpg
    ring fabric.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 213

gold4us

Aug 6, 2012
Kingsland, TX
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Excalibur 800
Minelab SD2200
Minelab E-Trac