Sunny Day Coin Popping

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Had some time to kill, so I forfeited a nap for a clad hunt. Here's about 3 hours worth using my Pro Pointer, My Pro Detector and my Pro Screwdriver. What an awesome team!:walk:

home.jpg

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched a video on this ,, I have to practice up !

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi John: I consider myself a pretty deturmand MDer (during warm weather) and I can only detect for 3 hrs or so per session (getting old and the knees get tired)
but a 20 coin hunt is a very good hunt for me--I think the best is under 40// You seem to hit high counts regularly/// and you and your 1$ and 2$ coins kill my $ count///
By the way can you end up with a tot. coin count and a % breakdown of each coin type ?? I think it would be interesting// Great posts// Perry

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Just watched a video on this ,, I have to practice up !

I rarely hunt tot lots....simply because some other's here in Edmonton have their own scheduled managed hunts cleaning them up. The few times I have hit them, I got very little. I assume they are doing quite well. One can only imagine how well one would do if you lived in a large city and were the only guy in town so to speak. The spots I work are at or near busy schools and or parks. Some I only hunt every 2-3 years, to let the crops harvest so to speak. I pinpoint off the front inner toe of my concentric search coil (not DD) and sometimes use my Pro Pointer. I then quickly pop those baby's out of the ground as quick as I can then move to the next signal. I don't analyse my signals looking at my TID.....I just go by sound. And yes......my knees and ankles let me know if I put in a full day detecting. I am no spring chicken by no means.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread