Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart is a big help to anyone that asks.:icon_thumright:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That's right if you are .. ​SMART..you will call .. BART...........

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I've been throwing the idea around bout upgrading from my ace 250 to either an at pro or whites mxt. So this weekend I went to a whites dealer and looked at one wasnt crazy over it, so I think I'm gonna go with the at pro. I'm hoping to pick one up around Xmas time. And thanks to Bart for the help and my million questions.
The number 1 reason I took the AT Pro over others....was pretty simple when it looks like rain I still can go as the others have to sit in the car till it clears up!

OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kayden said:
The number 1 reason I took the AT Pro over others....was pretty simple when it looks like rain I still can go as the others have to sit in the car till it clears up!

Thats what changed my mind to the AT pro was the water poof, and I ddnt care for the way the whites felt

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's right if you are .. ​SMART..you will call .. BART...........

Thats funny Keppy! I might use that from now on! Lol Would have been a GREAT pickup line in my younger days! Lol

Silverfinder99

Mar 23, 2012
Jacksonville AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind I'll throw my two cents in. I have used (or at least tryed to use) the AT PRO a few times and found it rather difficult to figure out. On the other hand I just recently purchased the AT GOLD and have absolutely loved it! I'm like you, I to upgraded from the ACE 250 and the transition from the 250 to the GOLD was extremely simple almost natural if you will. Yes the price is a little more but you will get a much easier machine to learn, you'll get the only metal detector on the market with a true all metal mode, you still get the water proof ness you desire and the advanced iron audio features that REALLY help you dig less trash. It's a real simple machine to use with only three modes (all metal, disc one and disc two) in fact the only plus (in my opinion) the PRO has over the GOLD is that it's more stable in salt water. Another bonus that the gold has is the instructional videos Garrett has posted on YouTube. They have four very informative videos that I watched while waiting on my machine to be shipped and when it arrived I new exactly how to use it and use it effectively. Don't get me wrong I'm not dissing the PRO in any way it's actually a wonderful machine I'm just giving you an account of my personal experiences and how I found the GOLD superior in its ease of use. I hope this helps. Good luck with the hunt.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
If you don't mind I'll throw my two cents in. I have used (or at least tryed to use) the AT PRO a few times and found it rather difficult to figure out. On the other hand I just recently purchased the AT GOLD and have absolutely loved it! I'm like you, I to upgraded from the ACE 250 and the transition from the 250 to the GOLD was extremely simple almost natural if you will. Yes the price is a little more but you will get a much easier machine to learn, you'll get the only metal detector on the market with a true all metal mode, you still get the water proof ness you desire and the advanced iron audio features that REALLY help you dig less trash. It's a real simple machine to use with only three modes (all metal, disc one and disc two) in fact the only plus (in my opinion) the PRO has over the GOLD is that it's more stable in salt water. Another bonus that the gold has is the instructional videos Garrett has posted on YouTube. They have four very informative videos that I watched while waiting on my machine to be shipped and when it arrived I new exactly how to use it and use it effectively. Don't get me wrong I'm not dissing the PRO in any way it's actually a wonderful machine I'm just giving you an account of my personal experiences and how I found the GOLD superior in its ease of use. I hope this helps. Good luck with the hunt.

Silverfinder, the pulse machines are true all metal and there are a few true all metal mode vlf machines out there on the market too. Just trying to keep it real. The atpro is a tricky one, but only takes a year to get comfortable with. OP, If I had to make a choice, I would go with the MXT. Or better yet, the M6 which is more comparable to the pro price wise, but better in many ways. Just my opinion.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Kayden we just wrap a big ole freezer bag around the housing of our tectors when we feel the need to tect in the rain. It works.

Silverfinder99

Mar 23, 2012
Jacksonville AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silverfinder, the pulse machines are true all metal and there are a few true all metal mode vlf machines out there on the market too. Just trying to keep it real. The atpro is a tricky one, but only takes a year to get comfortable with. OP, If I had to make a choice, I would go with the MXT. Or better yet, the M6 which is more comparable to the pro price wise, but better in many ways. Just my opinion.

I appologize for my misinformed information, to my knowledge Garrett was the trailblazer with the true all metal technology. That is even one of the biggest advertising claims they use to sell the AT GOLD. I'm not familiar with the detectors you pointed out so I will have to simply take your word for it not that I don't believe you because I have no reason not to. Nonetheless I was just giving an account of my personal experience and preference and the ATG has completely measured up for me and at the moment, or at least until someone invents that ever so elusive detector that can truly notch out the pull tabs and keep the gold I will be swinging the ATG. I Love my new detector.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you better check again on the knock out pull tabs and keep the gold thing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread