Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it will , it's just a older detector, as long as it works, AC

OP
OP
flytye22

flytye22

Sep 5, 2012
Yeahhhhh....... I just got it haven't had a chance to use it. I have never used one and the manual is only a total of 6 pages and don't give to much information

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold rings come in on the low side of the disc , sometimes they come in as a nickel, pulltab, foil, so if you want to find gold rings you'll have to dig a lot if junk, you should test it out on some sample targets, like coins, and rings and pull tabs to see how it reads it, GL &HH , AC

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pretty much any brand name machine will find gold....but be prepared to dig anything from foil on up...just knock out iron.

You'll come home with pouches of junk but eventually the gold will come if its there.

Regards + HH

Bill

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be sure to not disc out pull tabs as most gold rings will be in the same range. Lay down a few items on the ground that has no other metal there and see where they ring up. Pay paticular notice how pull tabs and gold rings read. Silver rings will read higher because they are more conductive. White gold rings are usually in the foil range if they are ladies thin bands.
HH,
Sandman:hello:

OP
OP
flytye22

flytye22

Sep 5, 2012
I thank you all so much for the helpful advice. Happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread