ace 250 coil?

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
I own the Garrett ace 250 it currently has the stock coil on it. Was thinking about upgrading the coil but really don't know a whole lot about it. Was wondering if some of the more experience people here could give some advice. I am wanting to know the advantage and disadvantage of it? Also as to what coil I should get? I primarily hunt coins in soil only. Thanks.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stock coils on all detectors are a compromise for ground coverage and being able to be used in trashy areas. For most hunters that hunt trashy parks, etc. is to use a smaller sniper coil as to get only ONE target under the coil at a time for better disc. and pinpointing. Larger coils are for covering lots of ground, but they are heavier and the enjoyment ends.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i used the 11inch dd coil on mine and loved it i was able to find alot more with and over time i could pick stuff out of iron and trash better than the sniper coil

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
So let me get this right. If I want to cover more area and not be as precise then get a larger coil?

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dustywallen said:
So let me get this right. If I want to cover more area and not be as precise then get a larger coil?

Depends who you talk to I was able to use it very precisely but I like bigger coils

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread