Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the AT Pro have built in audio? If I hunt in water do I need the water proof head phones or can I hear the detector with out them and is their a cover for the audio jack hole to keep water out.
Thanks for the help
HH
TnMtns

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an ATPro and yes it has a built in speaker.
As far as weather you have to use the headphones or can you use the plastic screw on cap when submerged. I have never taken the chance and tested that theory.
I'm sure one quick call to Garrett Customer Service would answer your questions.

Let us know how it worked out. Now you have me curious.

Garrett Electronics, Inc.

1881 W. State St.
Garland, TX 75042

Telephone: 1-972-494-6151
Fax: 1-972-494-1881

Hours of Operation: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM M-F CST

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own an at pro and no water headphones. I wouldnt try it with that little plastic cap. I feel your pain when it gets to the deeper water. Just gonna have to buy the good ones.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I am just thinking I have enough problems wearing head phones on land let alone in the rivers. Called Garrett and they were closed,will try tomorrow.. Thanks for the help.

Targetseeker

Greenie
Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me that a waterproof unit should either come WITH waterproof headphones, OR be offered as an option in lieu of the standard "land" version. Since the relative price differential is about $35, this does not seem like an impossible hurdle for them. Maybe - a company like Kellyco could "option" package something like this.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me that a waterproof unit should either come WITH waterproof headphones, OR be offered as an option in lieu of the standard "land" version. Since the relative price differential is about $35, this does not seem like an impossible hurdle for them. Maybe - a company like Kellyco could "option" package something like this.

Actually New England Metal Detectors offers some great extras with the AT Pro at the regular cost of the machine but not the water proof headphones. Kellyco's extras are junk and over priced in my opinion. I may try N.Ga detectors also as they do some good deals on occasion.

mrmackin

Aug 1, 2012
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought waterproof headphones off ebay. They work great but have no volume control on them (like the ones that come with the AT Pro) and are a little loud (I put some foam in the ear cup to take the edge off ). The AT Pro has a special conector, and only works with headphones designed for that detector, so it won't leak. You can buy a connector from Garret that allows you to use other types of headphones. I can not hear the waterproof speaker very well on land, and it has no volume control so there is no way to adjust it up or down. It's impossible to hear it at all when the unit is under water.

I found I really need the headphones to get the best performance from the detector, on land or in water, and only thing worse than me diggin' up the park your at, is hearing my machine go "beep-beep-beep-beep" while your trying to relax.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought waterproof headphones off ebay. They work great but have no volume control on them (like the ones that come with the AT Pro) and are a little loud (I put some foam in the ear cup to take the edge off ). The AT Pro has a special conector, and only works with headphones designed for that detector, so it won't leak. You can buy a connector from Garret that allows you to use other types of headphones. I can not hear the waterproof speaker very well on land, and it has no volume control so there is no way to adjust it up or down. It's impossible to hear it at all when the unit is under water.

I found I really need the headphones to get the best performance from the detector, on land or in water, and only thing worse than me diggin' up the park your at, is hearing my machine go "beep-beep-beep-beep" while your trying to relax.

Thank you good response. I have noticed some videos picking up the sound under water is why I asked. May be they are getting the audio from the head phones? I would not mind the beep beep under water. I have never hunted a park yet and am always out in the sticks so to speak. I like to be able to hear sometimes in the summer cause I have gotten Timber rattlers buzzing as I swung my coil around.
Thanks for everyones help I forgot to call Garrett today. : (

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your in water it will be hard to hear the speaker thru the water. You can hunt in water with the land headphones that come with it as long as you don't get them underwater. If you planning on going under for SURE get the underwater headphones. Hope that helps.

If your looking for a deal feel free to give me a ring. Be glad to help you and be sure to mention this forum!

Last edited:

mrmackin

Aug 1, 2012
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your in water it will be hard to hear the speaker thru the water. You can hunt in water with the land headphones that come with it as long as you don't get them underwater. If you planning on going under for SURE get the underwater headphones. Hope that helps.

If your looking for a deal feel fee to give me a ring. be glad to help you and be sure to mention this forum!

You can trust Bart, I bought my second AT Pro from him (for my wife). The deal I got made my feel foolish for not calling him when I got my FIRST AT Pro!:BangHead: Really, call him to at least see what kind of deal he'll give you, you won't be sorry!:icon_thumright:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can trust Bart, I bought my second AT Pro from him (for my wife). The deal I got made my feel foolish for not calling him when I got my FIRST AT Pro!:BangHead: Really, call him to at least see what kind of deal he'll give you, you won't be sorry!:icon_thumright:

Thanks Mr Mackin! I will take care of the forum members here. I will beat any price out and still offer great customer service and almost immediate response. Well except when the my sons football team is playing. lol

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can vouch for Bart at Big Boys Hobbies.
He is an honest person to deal with and has a wealth of knowledge that he is happy to share. Do an Internet search for something you want then call Bart and you will be glad you called him first before ordering online.
Bart has earned my trust and business with all my MDing needs.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can vouch for Bart at Big Boys Hobbies.
He is an honest person to deal with and has a wealth of knowledge that he is happy to share. Do an Internet search for something you want then call Bart and you will be glad you called him first before ordering online.
Bart has earned my trust and business with all my MDing needs.

Thanks everyone!

Ace is right, pick out the detector your interested in and give me a call with questions. I will do my best to spend as much time with you as you need to make sure your getting exactly what you want and expect out of the detector. This is not my second job. This is my business that I take great pride in. Metal detecting comes first! I can make killer deals on just the detector or a awesome package deal. Just let me know what you want!

Thanks! Bart.

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kellyco-Called....went like this EXACTLY!!!!....*ring ring* automated "Welcome to Kellyco blah blah...." call transfers to woman clearly not in America. "Hi there good morning, I have a question regarding the Garrett AT Gold."
"Oh, ok."
"Yes, well I see that you guys sell a couple detectors that have the ability to detect black sand streaks(Gold Bug Pro, Whites GMT) and I was wondering if the Garrett AT Gold has that capability?"
"Uhhh, hold on one moment Sir and I will find that out for you."
"Great ok thanks!!!"(I worked call center for 3 yrs, I have much patience and understanding for how it goes, I normally offer "kudos" calls so people look good to their supervisor. I DO TIME HOLDS, if you don't give a "thanks for waiting" when I've been alone for 2mins then your not doing proper cust service)
After 5mins 30 secs-"Ok Sir, yes, you were interested in buying the Pro Pointer and carrying case correct?"
"Uhhh, no, I was wondering if the Garrett AT Gold could find black sand streaks like some of your detectors offer"
"Ah, ok, please hold, I will find out."
"Thank you....*sighs after being placed on hold*
4mins 25 secs later-"Ok Sir, I need to transfer you to cust service"
"Thank you...."
Cust Service(transfer was quick actually and went to Leilani) "Hi this is Leilani, how can I help you?" (she does work there, check the site if you don't believe cause I know we got haters out there lol)
"Hi there, I was wondering if the Garrett AT Gold can detect Black Sand streaks like some of the other detectors you sell?"
*chuckles* "Sir we don't have any detectors that do that."
I hang up.
Now I'm sure that other people have had great transactions with Kellyco and I'm super happy for them, I however, have not had anything good happen with them.
If you want a killer deal, strong/durable/not junk ass accessories, seriously go to Bart folks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread