gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Two hours today in the main area of an old park. I took 600 mg ibuprofen one hour before going. Next time I will take 800 mg. Got two cheap bling. Settings pro zero, sense maxed, dig it all. I thought for sure I'd get a wheat or a silver dime. The only thing I left behind was small iron chatter. Do not try this at home.

DSC08740.JPG DSC08741.JPG DSC08742.JPG DSC08743.JPG DSC08744.JPG DSC08746.JPG

Last edited:

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy Moly! If the junk prices ever go up you will have hit the jackpot. That is some dedicated detecting right there - wish a big gold ring or silver coin was down there for you.

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's allot of aluminum. At that rate, you may be able to recycle your aluminum and get a small amount per pound at the local dump.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in a park like that today but I am 68 yrs old and can only get up and down about 50 times a day before i get tired so I put the iron disc at 35 or 40 and pretty much cherry pick in a park like i was in today. I tried standard for about an hour and my ears were filled with tab beeps so i switched to pro and dug about 10 cans and $3.50 in quarters and 2 dimes and 20 pennies.

Going back tomorrow I only scratched the surface of that park. Yesterday I got over $5 in clad and pennies at my new honey hole but can only go there in weekends. It has produced over $12 in less than 400sf.

OP
OP
gleaner1

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I am getting good at pp with the pro, which is to say I don't use the pp button only rarely now. I am impressed by it after 18 months. This work is all with the big dd. Quick short waggles 90 degrees apart and the crap is dead center of the coil, in the plug 95 percent of the time, even small bits of foil. I spaded three-sided plugs on all of these in nice loamy turf and my back was angry when I quit. I think I'll do another trash throw-down before freeze.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread