Sidewalkes

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Wy does my AT PRO go crazy around sidewalks even when there is no rebar in them?

A lot of times, services run under the blvd. beside them, or power lines above them. Also, often times, in old neighberhoods, there is a lot of trash under them including old coal cinders, which also cause a lot of interference.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know exactly what you mean..Im still tryign to figure my machine out a bit..but mine does the same thing.

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around here (Houston Texas) they put down what looks similar to a metal fence material down first and then pour the concrete. If you use a small coil on your AT you can get pretty close to the edge of the sidewalk with it. I work the sidewalks by walking towards the sidewalk up as close as I can get and then stand on the sidewalk and work my coil from the other direction walking away from the sidewalk.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Any decent detector will sound off good on or near sidewalk slabs because of the iron mesh reinforcement. If you want to work close to the sidewalks, just put the sense at min and work as closely as you can without picking up the iron. Problem solved. Good luck mark...

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most commercial property and public property sidewalks will have rebar or wire mesh in them. If you hold your detector close them rather than wave it your detector will quiet down. Along sidewalks or parking lots can be a treasure trove. I found over $2.50 today around the perimeter of a concrete basketball court.

You will get used to false signals and it may sound like a coin but will read under 40. If you switch from pro to std you will notice a difference along a sidewalk.

You have to try lots of different settings, even iron audio. Even if you think your getting interference from the sidewalk if there is a real target along it will ring different and you will know it.

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AT Pro has that elimination feature, use that to determine the number for the rebar and just eliminate it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread