It appears to be Gold Plated

Dign-nbama

Sep 28, 2012
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, Minelab Etrac,, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was detecting a school yard yesterday and ran across a signal in the small gold range with my AT PRO, said it was 4" down so I decided to dig it, after I dug the hole the pro pointer showed nothing in the hole, I thought it may be deeper, dug deeper, re-scanned the hole "nothing" I thought, I know I wasn't hearing things so I scanned my dirt pile with the AT, and bingo it's in the dirt, took pro pointer scanned it and nothing, I took the AT and boom it say's it's there took dirt in hand and began to do a process of elimination, the last hand full, and bingo it's there, began to look and couldn't find anything at first and then suddenly it glimmered it looks like gold and it is small so small the pro pointer would not pick it up, it is a sliver of looks like gold plated jewelry, it measures around 1/8 inch wide by 1/4inch maybe long, (will have to do further test to determine if it's actual gold), but this machine picked this little sliver out like it was nothing,, I'm so impressed,, I heard it before I seen it on the display, I was running in pro mode zero disc. ground balanced and backed off 5 points,, it was not a screamer but you could heard it well,, also found a lot of clad and my first ring with the AT the same day, turned out to be a fake, but it was a ring any way the picture is in my album,, I'm so glad I choose this machine, couldn't be happier...:headbang:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The #1 best selling detector.

With practice you can learn to recognize those faint targets that are too deep to ID accurately. They give a quick sound like a spring or rubber band, sort of like an accelerated tone like it speeds up like it tries to catch up, but tiny and sharp. Once you dig a few and make some good finds you will start to be alert for these. And yes, a good ground balance is where it's at.

OP
OP
Dign-nbama

Dign-nbama

Sep 28, 2012
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, Minelab Etrac,, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This machine is definitely a keeper, with this 5x8 DD coil it separates very well, I found a piece of brass the other day about the size of a very small needle bearing, I thought at first the machine was giving me false signals it was coming in loud and thought I could just reach down and pick it up after I dug the hole "wrong" the pro pointer picked up on it but I had to look and look to still sift it out of the dirt, and it was around 4 to 5 inches down,, a machine like this is what gives me the itch to back again and again... I like your quote "signal line"...very humbling...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions