Got My First Ring Today For 2013....Snow Hunting And Water Have Many Similarities

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
White snow looks like white sand and also has treasures in it. Snow is made of H2o....same as surf!

See below for some more similarities:

piratecomparison_zps88c58c25.jpg

(too much time on my hands, and yes....I spelled mitts wrong. :(

piratemachines_zps58cada29.jpg

I did get out last night under a clear sky. Looking up, I saw some of the star constellations, and looking down I checked to see if my beep beeps were junk or not. Here were my weapons of trash reduction for the last couple of hunts.

piratetotals_zps6abb8683.jpg

Here are my totals from last night and this morning combined. I even got a jeweler's loop this morning with the price tag of $12.95 still on it. Now how's that for luck! :thumbs

piratekittyring_zpsd5ea11ae.jpg

Here's the double spinner Roman Numerals stainless steel I found in the snow. It sure made my day. I also got a cool Christmas broach too. One more day off tomorrow, then it's back to work for another 6 days.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds (literally)!

It pays to hunt the snow - I know from 1st hand experience - I once found a 19.2 gram gold bracelet on a playground in approx. 6 in of snow during a Feb. thaw we had - I was itching to get out to hunt after having sat all winter up to that point and not having detected for like 6/7 weeks!

HH

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet. Haven't done the snow yet. By the time I got up there. Snow was gone but ground was frozen. Tough digging.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snow would be snow nice,it's been in the high 70's here (Austin,TX.),all week long.Weatherman some if we get any snow it might come in next month.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
John,

Can you describe your method/process for cleaning your finds? You do an excellent job, and I would be very interested in how you do it.

Brian

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John,

Can you describe your method/process for cleaning your finds? You do an excellent job, and I would be very interested in how you do it.

Brian
Well, first he brushes the sand of them, hands them back their sunglasses, makes sure their swim suits are on just perfect, then...... wait......

oh, you meant the metal finds? :icon_scratch:

Couldn't help ya with that, :dontknow: John, help us out here! :laughing7:

Cool ring John, and I am so glad you rescued poor kitteh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread