dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I will be buying a at-pro in the spring (when ground is not frozen) after looking into this quite extensively I have come to the conclusion I will only buy the at-pro I think the Ace 350 is a good machine but the pro is buy far better, a little more money but well worth it............

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The At Pro is fully waterproof, has ground balance capabilities, iron audio and proportional audio, and also had VDI target numbers on the display. The At Pro is also a higher frequency (15KHZ versus 8.25KHZ), so it is more sensitive to gold. The Ace 350 is a good unit, but some people upgrade to the At Pro for the increased depth.

Wayne

www.MetalDetectingStuff.com

treebeard214

Jan 17, 2013
I just got the AT pro a few weeks ago and it is awesome the ground balancing is great specially for hunting on the beach!

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's been said to get one that you'd grow into and not get one you'd grow out of. Then of course I think mders are always looking for a reason to buy a new you. Lol
Even my mother wants to start detecting. I should've asked for a couple different ones. That way my whole family could go out instead of only two of us. Lol

pa digger

Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the money go atpro! You can use in standard mode till you get the hang of it than ho pro! I love this machine

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't think long term you will be happy with the ace, as was said you can grow into the at pro instead of grow out of the ace.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out with the Ace350. It was a good machine but I got bored of it within a month and upgraded to the AT-pro. The At-pro is far more versatile. Also you can start out with it in standard mode which acts very similar to the 350. When you have learned the machine well enough and want to move up you just hit the mode button and go to Pro mode and now you have more features to use. It's like 2 machines in one.

craigd1974

Jan 16, 2013
I have the 350 and I am looking to move to the AT PRO. However I am getting a little hesitant in that choice because I have seen and heard of the AT PRO not getting very deep no more than 8" in most cases

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
craigd1974 said:
I have the 350 and I am looking to move to the AT PRO. However I am getting a little hesitant in that choice because I have seen and heard of the AT PRO not getting very deep no more than 8" in most cases

You can definitely get around 10" with the AT-pro.
Of course that depends on the size of the object and the metal it is made of. The coil size, soil conditions and how well you ground balance it.

There are plenty of videos on the subject on YouTube.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go PRO...like it was said above...you want a machine you can grow into and not out of...

I started with the 250 and now run the Minelab Safari.....but I've heard a lot of great things about the PRO.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been said to get one that you'd grow into and not get one you'd grow out of. Then of course I think mders are always looking for a reason to buy a new you. Lol
Even my mother wants to start detecting. I should've asked for a couple different ones. That way my whole family could go out instead of only two of us. Lol
GDA--- I sent a PM. Please watch for it! TTC

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one thing is they opperate at diffrent frequencies
so you'll be able to get close to each other
with out mes sen with any thing.

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have found dimes at 10" and a pistol musket ball at 11".

craigd1974

Jan 16, 2013
WVARelics said:
I have found dimes at 10" and a pistol musket ball at 11".

That is pretty awesome. This has had me bothered I really like Garrett and I want the AT pro because I like that it is water proof but the depth had me concerned if this is true I figure I shouldn't have any worried with depth

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all else fails you can hunt in the rain.....& a whole new place to hunt.....waterways!

bbells

Jan 5, 2013
Delano, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I loved my ACE 250. I upgraded to the AT-Pro and am even happier. Now that being said ... Buying something for women is a different concept. To women you are not buying them just the equipment, you are showing her how much you care about her. Upgrading yourself then giving your AT-Pro to her is perfectly acceptable - Your AT-Pro was fine for you, she's heard you talk about it, etc. But only if you tell her if she likes it you will get her a better one later (practicality syndrome). Buying her something to use that is not as good as what you are using is telling her that you feel she doesn't rate any better (That is how she will see it). So, to have a lasting relationship you need to give a woman more than she expects. This will make it easier next time you want to upgrade, buy an airplane, a motorcycle, a sports car when you turn 60, etc. You are setting the ground work for your future purchases that no-one but you, and maybe not even you, understand why you are doing it. Did this make sense? Oh, and she will buy you better presents later and not a mixer or some other non-toy thing. Although, I do really like my kitchen aid mixer for bread making.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow bbells that is some of the best advice I have heard on here in a while!
Any guy that doesn't listen to those words of wisdom is a fool!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread