Third day out the Atp Pro lands me a 10k diamond ring fricken awsome!

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i was out at a local park that i thought i had hunted the crap out of.when with this Atp Pro i picked up recently i had hit a signal somewhere between nickel and pull tabs and when i dug the plug i saw a shiny object and upon further inspection saw its was a 10k ladies diamond ring. These At pros are fricken awsome. When i had red so manny people finding rings with this beast i knew it was gona be a good machine. They were right. I was using pro mode zero iron disc 35.

Attachments

• good 1.jpg
    good 1.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 297
  • good 2.jpg
    good 2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 281

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
images.jpg

NICE Ring !! Congrats :icon_thumright:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Great job! The AT Pro hits very very well on gold!

I got a horse head/horse shoe ring on 1-19-13 here in Denver working when weather allows. It has 11 stones making up the horeshoe. One stone missing coming outta the ground and the back of the ring is gone so I don't know what karat it is but the stones look like diamonds. It is bent, busted and beat up but definately GOLD.

I bought the AT Pro summer of 2011, got it on a monday and on that friday I found three gold rings (we had a hot spot to work) that paid for the machine. It has paid for itself 3 times over already.

You'll have that machine paid for real quick! HH

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer thanks congrats on your finds as well gona love this At pro especially when it rains . Now can hunt any time

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Concerning audio performance in pro mode, this is what happens with three tone response. Iron scrim only "works" with Iron Audio "on" so the number you set the iron scrim level to (1 thru 40) wont affect anything, performance wise, or audio wise, or otherwise, no matter what you have notched in or out, UNTIL YOU GO TO Iron Audio "on". Then, with Iron Audio "on", the pro sounds like mid tone on all targets that register ABOVE the iron scrim number set, EVEN IF ITS IRON. It gets more complicated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the At on Pro zero iron disc 35
And i was getting low tone for nickels pull tabs and higher tone for quarters dimes and pennys . I think in this mode theres 2 tones but not sure if theres 3. Im new to the machine but am hunting this mode to get used to the machines harder to use and more powerfull modes.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
You were getting mid tone for nickels. Atpro definitely is three tone. Run any PRO mode, notch in everything, run iron audio off, you will see Trackerman. You will hear the iron, no matter what the iron scrim number is set at. Avoid STD mode and keep Iron Audio Off, even for total newb beginners. Pro zero is zero, notch and iron scrim, dead zero, so it is quicker to set up if you like to hunt with little or no scrim.

The most important thing to remember is: as long as you are running Iron Audio off, it does not matter what you set the iron scrim number to, you will still pick up any iron as low tone, as long as it is not notched out by the REGULAR NOTCH SCRIM settings. REGULAR NOTCH SCRIM TRUMPS IRON SCRIM WITH IRON AUDIO OFF, ALWAYS. With iron audio OFF, you get true three tone, you will pick up all iron as low tone that is allowed (notched in) with the regular scrim. If the iron scrim number is set to max forty, but you have EVERYTHING notched in with the normal notch scrim, you will pick up the full range of iron, from one to forty, any and all iron, you will pick up anything you notch in, and it will sound off according to the id number, AS LONG AS IRON AUDIO IS OFF. Just because iron scrim is set to forty, you are not really scrimming out iron, if the notch scrim allows it. It gets more complicated. For instance, you could run zero notch scrim, max 40 iron scrim, and all iron will sound off low tone, no matter if Iron Audio is on or off, because Iron audio only allows targets to sound off mid tone that are above the iron scrim number, the max being forty before it breaks into mid tone. Iron Audio allows a normally iron response to come in as a mid tone response, only if the signal is at or greater than the iron scrim number setting. If there is a nail that registers 25 sitting next to a dime that registers 80, the combined reading may just bump up to 36, so it will sound mid tone if you have iron audio on and iron scrim set to 35. But with iron audio off, the two targets will sound iron, because everything below forty sounds like iron. Its madness.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks gleaner1 just starten to get a feel for the machine but i got a while to go.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Worrying if Iron Audio "on" will let a potentially good target come thru as mid tone instead of low tone is not what a new pro user should be worrying about. I have two years on mine and I think iron audio is a rather unnecessary if not silly perk. At the end of the day, it just makes iron range stuff sound off mid tone. The recovery speed, separation abilities and decent audio response (especially with a good set of phones), makes Iron Audio redundant. I have had times where the target was iffy, kinda iron, kinda mid tone, and it ends up being an indian cent, or crusty old V nickel, or deep foil wad. Just like any other three or four tone machine.

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is another case. If you are running pro, zero notch, and zero iron scrim, and Iron Audio On, you will get all mid tone response on all iron. Your machine will not sound off low tone, ever, even over a rusty crown or nail. Try it.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was runing iron audio off pro mode zero and iron disc 35 wich i guess means disking out all iron 35 and below not too sure though about the iron disc number feature.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct, iron disc at 35 will turn off 0-35 on the scale.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I was runing iron audio off pro mode zero and iron disc 35 wich i guess means disking out all iron 35 and below not too sure though about the iron disc number feature.

Iron scrim number setting has nothing to do with scrimming out iron. I know this sounds crazy. If you notch IN all metal ranges on the regular scrim, you will be picking up and getting good low tone response to all iron targets, not matter what the iron scrim number is set at, ONLY IF IRON AUDIO IS OFF. Once you turn iron audio on, all iron at or above the iron scrim number will sound off mid tone, even though it is in the iron range of id numbers, 0 thru 40. If you do not want any iron response, you want to scrim out iron, you must notch out the iron range with the regular notch settings, not the iron scrim number. The iron scrim number is part of the Iron Audio feature. I am getting confused, I have to get mine out and confirm some of my comments. I may be wrong on some of this. I will post back soon.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron scrim number setting has nothing to do with scrimming out iron. I know this sounds crazy. If you notch IN all metal ranges on the regular scrim, you will be picking up and getting good low tone response to all iron targets, not matter what the iron scrim number is set at, ONLY IF IRON AUDIO IS OFF. Once you turn iron audio on, all iron at or above the iron scrim number will sound off mid tone, even though it is in the iron range of id numbers, 0 thru 40. If you do not want any iron response, you want to scrim out iron, you must notch out the iron range with the regular notch settings, not the iron scrim number. The iron scrim number is part of the Iron Audio feature. I am getting confused, I have to get mine out and confirm some of my comments. I may be wrong on some of this. I will post back soon.
If you have iron audio off and say iron dsic at 30, iron that reads below 30 wont be heard at all.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
lookindown I was not sure of that, thanks for the clarification, you are 100% correct in your post, I was wrong about the scrim. Sorry to all for the my misinformation. Regular notch scrim only controls 40 and up. Iron Scrim controls the elimination of iron trash from 40 to zero. You have to get your iron scrim numbers down below forty to start hearing the iron crap. If you have iron audio ON, the numbers above the iron scrim number come in as mid tone. Once again lookingdown, thanks for the correction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions