AT Pro?

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found several silver dimes at 10 inches without head phones with my AT Pro. The signals were faint which made me realize how valuable the head phones were but the point is the AT Pro worked just fine for me at that depth.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dimendave said:
I've had mine for a month or two now and its the only detector I have ever owned. I am still using the standard mode but do switch it over to pro alot on the same targets just to get a feel for whats going on down there. I just like that loud, clear bell sound in the standard mode and pretty much know if its a diggable target. I hope to someday feel as comfortable in the pro mode. Being a newbie to the hobby I would say the biggest thing I have learned is almost all good targets have a constant, steady reading on the #'s guide while most trash will start off in the same area will jump around alot more as you go back and forth over the target.

When you're getting mixed ID #'s. is it possible it could be iron above or masking an item? I missed a pocketknife that way. Was back and forth from 35 to 53. I dug a bunch of nails out. So I figured it was the same. My ID had been jumping around all morning. So I decided it was junk again. Plus was trying to save knees. Lol. My son came up to same spot and his hit nickel and he pulled up the knife. Great first find for him.

bbells

Jan 5, 2013
Delano, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will give you more of a review on the AT-Pro after the top 18 inches of the ground thaws out here in Minnesota.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The visual ID accuracy at depth is the best feature to me. And I think the visual ID is also the worst feature as it is too small
for my eyes to read it easily. So far it hasn't lied to me, 7" deep dime IDed correctly on every pass. The deepest dime that IDed correctly for me was 4" deep. So, a 75% improvement.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I don't think it would detect even a silver dollar at 18". But it air tests 10" on a dime sensitivity 7 of 8, STD mode, so maybe 12" on a half or 13" silver dollar. I'll air test those when I find a ruler besides the metal one.

I hope I'll stop making excuses & get out there when I can. I see the Minnesota Treasurenet forum is active again.

OP
OP
JmCraz8

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
10 inches in depth sounds good enough for me, anyone know where the best place to purchase one for a great deal?

OP
OP
JmCraz8

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will give you more of a review on the AT-Pro after the top 18 inches of the ground thaws out here in Minnesota.

Yikes lol it's in the 50s here in Ohio in the dead of winter it's crazy!!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, After reading all the posts, I can tell there are some people who dislike the AT PRO. I can tell you when I transistioned from my ACE 250 to the AT PRO, it did take me a bit to understand some of its signals..and there is NO WAY i could use the Standard Mode...I think if you start in Pro mode, it wont take long to get it.

And as for depth, this thing is crazy sometimes. Last week I went out hunting for Gold Jewelry, and was getting a hit at 8-10"s deep in the high 30's..So I dug all the way down and found the and found the stem to a gold earring..the smallest thing ever..and the machine picked it up.

IM VERY happy with my machine...Rain or Shine..Im out hunting....Just wish they made a Damn waterproof pinpointer...working on my second one now

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wish they made a Damn waterproof pinpointer...working on my second one now
Couldn't agree with you more. I don't water hunt to much but I am out every weekend in the cold wet snow or the puddles of melted snow, thawing ground etc. Have laid my pro pointer down quite a few times in the water, still kicking though.

OP
OP
JmCraz8

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What's the best dealer to get an at pro for a good deal?

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The At Pro has great id both numeric and garretts notch id wich is great. At of all the machines i own the At pro hit nickels the hardest and ids coins well.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I saw a post or vid about a guy who applied rubber cement to the pointer to make it water proof. He was hunting rivers back east.

Check the net for dealers.
I got mine from KellyCo. Another I heard was BigBoyHobbies. Talk to Bart. He responds quickly and he tries to get you the best deal and not upsale you. I talked to him about a pointer and he was able to get it for me for 119. Still haven't bought it yet though. If you search it on net. I think you can set variables for price.
Good luck
I thought I saw a conversation about an ATPro for 460. You might be able to see it under forum threads.

OP
OP
JmCraz8

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks everyone, I took the plunge a few days ago and finally ordered me an at pro lol from Big Bart Hobbies great service!

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Jmcraz8 welcome to the world of the At series

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
8 to 10 inches is plenty deep for me. Personally i wouldnt wana dig any deeper than that. Besides most good targets are around 4 to 6 inches anyway

Thats how i feel too....even with permission to dig, I wont dig more than 8-10" unless I am in the middle of the woods and I can do some serious excavation

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rossman85 yup diggen targets 6 inches is usually plenty. 99 percent of my good finds like gold rings have been in that range.

big ilse 808

Jan 30, 2013
kohala
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just got an AT PRO today for only 450 used,got it from someone on craigslist,its only about a month old so i definitely scored.... im gonna hit all the plantation camps here in hawaii wish me luck

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey big isle. Great score on the AT. Hope you have some good finds on the plantations. Who knows, though you won't pick them up, but you might find some carved figurines amongst some of the trash. Show some pics when you're done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions