Dont see why some say the At Pro is heavy?

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't see why some say the At Pro is heavy?

I've had te At pro for about 5 days now and it's been a real pleasure to use. I don't know why some have said its heavy when its not. I have swung it with no arm fatigue.
Also some have complained its not balance because of the coil. well it seems pretty balanced to me. Maybee if some swung a whites machine or some mine labs they'll see heavy.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had te At pro for about 5 days now and it's been a real pleasure to use. I don't know why some have said its heavy when its not. I have swung it with no arm fatigue.
Also some have complained its not balance because of the coil. well it seems pretty balanced to me. Maybee if some swung a whites machine or some mine labs they'll see heavy.
I always thought it was light and balanced too...I feel sorry for the people that its too heavy for.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I never liked the feel of it. I always thought it was poorly balanced with the big coil, "front heavy", not like a whites. The bend in the upper shaft is not user friendly to the wrist. The general setup is what you would expect for the price. But I love the frikin thing.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The At Pro is Not heavy at all i own several whites as you can see and a few minelabs and there not only heavier but less balanced than the Atp Pro for me. I too love the Atp pro not only is it a pleasure to use but its also a nickel magnet and pull tab magnet. Ive yet to own a machine that hits nickels and pull tabs like this At Pro. And wee all now dig pull tabs and nickels increases ring chances.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had no complaints about weight.. I like it a lot

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I hunt in the Oldest City. Digging iron isn't a bad thing when it can very well be a historical relic. I hunt with the Garret Sea Hunter Mk2 and it is like swinging a cinder block. No big deal, but it will sniff out the deepest metal. I also swing a T2 which is incredibly light, sensitive, and deep. The AT Pro is much heavier than the T2 and doesn't even come close to the sensitivity and depth of the T2. If I'm hunting dry land, the T2 it is. If I'm hunting known tracts of shoreline with shipwrecks, then I'm swinging the Sea Hunter Mk2. If I'm swinging on a tourist beach with no chance of historical relics, than the AT Pro it is. Last choice of detector.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont now much of the T2 but i do now it cant hunt it rain lakes and ocean like the at Pro can. Also not sure if its as user friendly as the At Pro . Or if it can hit nickels and pull tabs like the At pro can.

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is lighter than my DFX and MXT..............

Dirt.Is.Good.4U

Nov 27, 2012
Nicholasville, KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, White's Prizm III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Don't see why some say the At Pro is heavy?

It's a little nose heavy after a while. Switch over to the other arm and keep on truckin'.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Dont now much of the T2 but i do now it cant hunt it rain lakes and ocean like the at Pro can. Also not sure if its as user friendly as the At Pro . Or if it can hit nickels and pull tabs like the At pro can.

The T2 isn't waterproof. It can't take the wet sand - not a problem for me as I grab my Sea Hunter Mk2 when I hunt the shoreline/water. When I do hit the tourist beaches (wet sand/water), then I'll take the ATPro.

The T2 is very easy to use and extremely light weight. It has a very fast recovery which lends to a faster swing-rate. I've said before that it is very sensitive and very deep. Targets are invisible to the ATPro at depth bench marks whereas the T2 screams as if the target is directly under the coil. And did I say that it loves gold? About a year ago (year and half?), there was a backlog of orders from dealers from the factory. They couldn't make them fast enough as there was a standing order to ship available T2s to the Sudan for the gold fields. Apparently, it is a very underrated gold bug.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the T2 would fit the bill for me if it was weather proof . But ive already got too manny none weather proof machines. Perhaps when ill trade one of my other machines for a t2 someday. But never my At Pro

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is heavy if you compare it to the ACE 250

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At is heavier but a more capable machine than the Ace . Plus its weather proof and has auto and manual ground balance.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It isn't the weight, it's the ergonomics. The first model was horrible.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The T2 is a model of modern tecter design in both balance and ergos. You cannot compare an atpro to a T2 concerning weight or feel or ergonomics or anything else for that matter.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T2 might be nice but it aint weather proof and thats a huge deal now adays for manny hunters and besides the At Pro performes just fine.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Trackerman I know you are going to kick serious behind with your atpro, its killer, even if not perfectly balanced, or the lightest thing going. The atpro was built to give the best bang for the buck, which means it just aint gonna feel like a thousand dollar machine in the hand. But I still think its awesome.

nickeltabs

Feb 2, 2013
West Michigan, Holland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
1 Garrett Pro Pointer
1 Lesche Trowel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I do keep the shat just long enough to hand from my hand, not have to hold it up, then its very light

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im quite happy with the At Pro ots plenty deep and surprizes me with cool finds today i found a couple of wheats and and this wierd hong british dollar and like 250 in clad

ForumRunner_20130204_202101.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread