Now its time for the Garrett At-Pro to proof itself

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Now it's time for the Garrett At-Pro to proof itself

Well I have had several detectors in the past year, and I finally decided to test the At-Pro. It's a more of a forced test than a wanted one but I am happy.
I had to sell my Whites V3i since I wasn't using it as much as I liked. One of the reasons for this might have also been that I was tired of having a detector that I was never sure 100% if I was in the correct setting. Don't get me wrong I think that it was a superb detector, but maybe it wasn't for me.
The other detector I loved was the Whites MXT (Yes I was a whites fan), and that one I liked a lot due to the fact that it was very simple to use and the settings were not all that complicated.
Now I just traded my last whites detector for a Garrett AT-Pro. The main reason of changing of brand was that after talking to a friend and reading a lot of posts on the web, I think that the AT-Pro might be one of the Top detectors on the market right now.
I don't know if it's fair to compair it to other detectors that cost 2 or 3 times as much but aparently does compare and it can keep up with the top of line detectors on the market, yet keeping a simple to use system.

Anyway, I have read most of the posts online on this detector and I don't know if I am missing anything on it, but I don't think so.

What I would like to know is if there is anyone that has had a whites MXT or the V series and has compared it to the Garrett.

I hope I made the right choice in getting the Garrett, and any particular suggestions are all welcome.
I live in Costa Rica, so mainly very mineralized soils arround here.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Mxt it was an awesome machine a bit heavy though. The V3i you had is also an awesome machine also a bit heavy. I would say the At Pro is a slighter better coin machined than the Mxt and is lighter to swing and uses half the battery's. Now gold jewelery wise id say there pretty close because of the 15klhz frequency . Now id say the v3i will be a slightly better coin machine than the At Pro but not much. As far as gold jewelry the V3i might have a slight advantage over the mxt and At Pro but not much. The best thing about the At Pro is its ability to hunt in the rain lakes etc. Its an awsome machine and is a pleasure to use

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread