best price on garrett at pro? can you really get one for $XXX

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dealers by nature will not advertise their lowest price and would rather you call them for their best price. It gets them in trouble with the manufacture. If people keep posting on public forums these below MSRP prices dealers are giving it just might ruin it for everyone. If you get a great deal, cool. And if you must post on a public forum just tell people to call the dealer for a "great price"
That keeps everyone happy and no one gets their neck on the choppin block.

OP
OP
W

wouldtick

Feb 3, 2013
I wasnt aware of the policies / contracts the dealers are subjected to. I agree if you get a great deal advise people to call the dealer directly. I would not want to ruin a good thing for anyone.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke with Sean. He will not quote any prices via email and is strictly adhering to the MSRP prices. If / when he gave any discounts they are for packaged deals. He does not want to get into any trouble with the manufacturer and is adhering to their pricing requirements
You have to call him and ask for the best price. I have made several purchases from him including an AT pro and Garrett Pro pointer...free shipping and fast delivery. I have never found anyone cheaper and I have friends that buy from him too.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call Bart Davis, Big Boys Hobbies. If it can happen he will tell you. Probably the best shopping experience I have ever had anywhere. Simply painless.

OP
OP
W

wouldtick

Feb 3, 2013
I ended up buying from sean. Best price by far that I was able to get. I spoke with bart and he was nice and very responsive. I wanted to buy from him but $ talks.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up buying from sean. Best price by far that I was able to get. I spoke with bart and he was nice and very responsive. I wanted to buy from him but $ talks.

Well you got one. That's what counts....well that and figuring it out. I love my AT...the only thing I hate about it is its ability to change the weather. As soon as it sees sunshine it turns it to liquid. If it feels heat it turns it to cold....if I could just get it to turn iron to gold and aluminum into silver I'd divorce my wife and marry it. Lol

ps249

Dec 17, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought an AT Pro during the past Christmas holiday for $ plus a coil cover.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMF

Dec 3, 2012
Corbin, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, Tesoro Compadre 5.75" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody charges MSRP and they don't have to. Every dealer uses MAP (Minimum Advertised Price). All the dealers list MSRP as "retail", "suggested price", "old price" etc and have it crossed out with the "MAP" price under it and will label it as "new price", "your price", "sale price" etc, which I have no Idea why. I guess they want to make you think you're getting a good deal when in reality they all charge this price across the board so they should just list the MAP and be done with it. It's the lowest price they are allowed to "publicly" advertise. That's why you should call to get the best price.

I was just making sure you dindn't confuse MSRP with MAP. Nobody charges MSRP but some dealers do list it even though it's gimmicky.

Last edited:

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Bounty Hunter (came as BOGO from Kellyco)
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When i was researching for buying my Seahunter when I Google searched I found one site that sold units for 40% off but you had to buy in lots of 10. Maybe you could get a group together to save money.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can't do better than Bigboyshobbies.net Call Bart he will give as good of a deal as there is.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

So does customer service!

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years back I was looking into buying a E-Trac for the lowest price possible and learned that copies are made in China that are being sold in the U.S. From that day on I decided to spend the extra buck and use a reputable dealer off of this site, the deals are out there but ....is the big question. Like buying a truck if you cant afford the gas don't buy one..

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have both standard AT Pros and Adventure Packages in stock, give me a call and I will work you a great deal.

Wayne
(832) 928-9135
www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Awesome Wayne! I do support the sponsors here :)

I know why vendors do it, but I would also guess that new buyers often think they can't buy a detector without all of the addons. To be told in an ad (this isn't addressed to you Wayne), that adding all this stuff make the package worth X amount of dollars is insulting.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can't do better than Bigboyshobbies.net Call Bart he will give as good of a deal as there is.

FYI, We will beat any price out and still give you the customer service before and AFTER the sale. When you out in the field and you have a problem are you going to call ebay or amazon for help?? I help customers on a daily basis with settings and tips on how to get the most out of their machines.

Thanks everyone! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions