Snow Hunt Today, Package Arrived And Big Changes Coming

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
monall_zpsc48f0ed9.jpg

Weird couple of days....my computer router crashed this weekend, so I replaced it yesterday evening. My package (bottom of page) arrived, and today.....it's official "NO MORE PENNIES BEING MINTED" in Canada. So, in the next few years, my penny finds will decrease significantly, allowing for more silver rings to be found. Got to like that. :)

I got out for most of the day. It got above freezing temperature, however the wind from the west was quite nasty! Here are my finds.....

moncoins_zpsdbffe0e4.jpg

I got 3 US coins today, actually 4 if you include a penny. That Kansas quarter is a first for me, so I fabricated a quick coin ring out of it.

monscrotum_zpsa3ff0eb8.jpg

OK......here's what arrived in the mail today. I have always wanted a leather pouch, for my show and tell finds when I gladly show them off at work. Well, what a conversation piece this turned out to be. :laughing9: I was assured that these leather goods, along with purses, wallets etc. are from either domesticated raised kangaroos or when there is a cull to cut down on the numbers. Anyhow, I work with registered nurses all day and they will surely get a chuckle out of it.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Google Coin Ring Crafting by John Bortscher (me) and you will find the instructions in PDF format.

Good luck!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pouch. I suppose it's good and strong. The Kangaroo jumped around a lot and it seemed to keep his precious items from falling out. Don't know how lucky I would consider though it now that you are fondling... I mean, handling it.

Oh, and no seams because 'roos don't get vasectomies.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Nice pouch. Don't know how lucky I would consider though it now that you are fondling... I mean, handling it.

Oh, and no seams because 'roos don't get vasectomies.

Here's Some Aussie foklore.......

Tamuddie and the Lucky Scrotum Pouch

Tamuddie was tracking a goanna through the bush when he came across an injured kangaroo. It had been speared in the shoulder. The kangaroo was Tamuddies totem, so by the law of his tribe his duty was to help the injured animal. He carried the roo back to his campsite, removed the spear, and gave him some water to drink.

For two days Tamuddie kept watch over the kangaroo, bathing his wound and feeding him. Eventually Tamuddie had to go and find food for himself. It was several hours before he returned with a fat goanna to cook. On his return he found only the burnt remains of his friend. Tribesmen had been and feasted upon the kangaroo while he was away. He looked in the ashes at the charred remains and noticed that a piece of the kangaroo had not been burnt nor eaten and that was the scrotum. Tamuddie cut it away, made a pouch out of it, and tied it around his neck.

On the way to his tribe he was stopped by men of another tribe. They argued over the kangaroo and one of the men threw a spear at Tamuddie, but the spear fell to the ground. This frightened the tribesmen and they ran from him screaming he was a demon.

When Tamuddie returned to his people he told them of the kangaroo and of the spear. An elder approached him with a knife and took his arm. Tamuddie grit his teeth knowing

the elder was about to cut him, but as the elder drew the knife across Tamuddies arm it did not cut. The elder looked strangely at Tamuddie for a few moments then said that because he had looked after the kangaroo, the pouch would bring him luck. The elder then declared to all the tribes people that Tamuddie would join with the elders. Tamuddie wore the pouch for many years and for many years it brought him luck.

That's why kangaroo scrotum purse is often called as "Lucky Bag" or "Lucky Pouch".

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
That's why kangaroo scrotum purse is often called as "Lucky Bag" or "Lucky Pouch".

...again, it may have been lucky for the bushman, but not the poor 'roo!

Just so we are all on the same page here- none, and I repeat, NONE of my body parts are lucky.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions