What mashine will go deeper than ACE 350 ?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO way around it as iron will rust and cause the detector to "see" a better target. As for depth look at the Sov GT.

OP
OP
R

Ruslanmd

Jan 24, 2013
Trappe, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it any research about different md capabilities

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it any research about different md capabilities

Sure! About 57,000 pages of it on Google and Bing. Here's the thing - "Depth" costs money. To get better depth, you need to spend $450.00 - $5,600.00. You need good headphones, good search coils, and LOT'S of EXPERIENCE. You can get better depth with a Garrett AT Pro - Tesoro Vaquero - Minelab X-Terra 505 - Fisher F70 - Teknetics T2 - and the lst goes on. Get your checkbook out!

OP
OP
R

Ruslanmd

Jan 24, 2013
Trappe, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understands thay cost money.How better the" depth" is?

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To be honest, all of the above mentioned MD's would get you more depth, but in my opinion digging a foot and a half down would get tiring. Plus, possibly causing more soil damage to retrieve it. You can still find food targets at 4-6 inches that the 350 is well capable of doing.

I would keep using your machine until a legitimate need arises.

Jay

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
R

Ruslanmd

Jan 24, 2013
Trappe, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I have oportunity explore some colonial properties and sometime I feel like it is more in the ground then my md can find it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It isn't always more depth you need but a larger concentric search coil and overlap your sweeps. As in the photo, if you don't over lap, your missing lots of targets at depth because of the smaller field.
Concentric Coils.jpg

Last edited:

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If my experience at least, large iron is always going to get a hit. Regarding depth, I think technique and knowing your machine is more important. That being said, you would get more depth out of most all of the high end detectors. Don't expect to get exponentially deeper, you are mostly paying for more features on the "better" detectors. If you only detect on a limited basis with a limited budget, then any mid-level detector is a good choice. If you are really into the hobby and have the extra cash, multiple detectors is the norm and having a high end detector makes a lot of sense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread