Just ordered a Garrett AT Pro To go where my Minelab E-trac wont.

rustyman9791

Sep 30, 2012
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Minelab profind.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Just ordered a Garrett AT Pro To go where my Minelab E-trac won't.

Well I think you got a nice combo with the at-pro and the etrac, there is another user I read of that has the same setup. He seems to use the at as his main unit.. Go figure

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get the free shovel and lesche with it? Great detector for wet conditions. I like it.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered a Garrett AT Pro from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. I was a great help in answering questions. I think I got a great deal and I'm never going to buy Metal detectors and supplies from anyone else. This detector should get me place I don't dare take my E-trac.:headbang::headbang:

Thanks Bart

Yup that's why i bought one to go places like lakes hunt in beaches and not have to worry about getting rained on.
Best purchase i ever made on a detector period.

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I think you got a nice combo with the at-pro and the etrac, there is another user I read of that has the same setup. He seems to use the at as his main unit.. Go figure

I use my at pro as the main unit in parks,school yards, tot lots etc, due to its weight and speed which I can cover ground. My etrac is my main wet/ dry salt beach , it is a killer there and the excal is my salt water surf machine, they all seem to have their on specific jobs, HH

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with a excal ll
why would you need an at pro

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with a excal ll
why would you need an at pro

I really like the weight of the machine and how fast I can cover ground with it, and the pro setting tones when using it in parks, etc (gotta lot of high freq hearing loss), but having used it on the beach and in the surf, it falses like hell no matter how often its GB'd, the etrac I set and off I go, wet or dry sand its great, and in the waves its the excal casuse its water proof and it DONT false on me, when im in the water I dont want to worry, but this is the Garrett forum page and the at pro has paid for itself in the parks, yards, etc, good hunting all

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excalibur is a great beach machine but for parks you would need eighter a At Pro or Etrac at the least . Excalibur has no Id for parks like the other 2 or a pinpoint eighter.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Patfoundit

May 13, 2011
Shelbyville,KY
Rustman, how hard was it to set up and go? Was there much of a learning curve? Iv'e been detecting for about 35 years so I'm not a newbie. I was looking at the White's which is what Iv'e owned but really like what the AT Pro offers.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy machine to set up. The At Pro hunt in pro mode zero iron disc 30 and set your sensitivity to highest possible . Ground balance Listen to the 3 tones and watch your id display on ocasion. Great machine. At first for a day or 2 pro mode will sound like a star wars battle seen .But once you get used to it the goodies start showen up.

OP
OP
R

rustyman9791

Sep 30, 2012
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Minelab profind.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rustman, how hard was it to set up and go? Was there much of a learning curve? Iv'e been detecting for about 35 years so I'm not a newbie. I was looking at the White's which is what Iv'e owned but really like what the AT Pro offers.

It was very easy to set up, and appears to be easy to learn, a very simple machine. Real fast recovery speeds. It also seems to do pretty good on depth too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread