ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
I love my atpro! I was in the same boat as you are of looking at the mxt or the at pro. They honestly both seemed to be great machines, but I feel after a lot of reading and research that the atpro is a bit more sensitive and better for land use and freshwater. I did read that the mxt is probably a better choice for beach hunting if you are going to be doing that, but I do not live near a beach. Get ready to dig because this thing goes deep. Get a garrett pp too if you don't already have one. Good luck and let us know what you get. Both would be a great choice!

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id say at Pro for beach hunting as well you can go in the water and get the machine wet . Cant do that with the mxt. Increases your chances of good finds. Can hunt in lakes to and rain. At pro is lighter to as well to swing and hits better on rings trust me. I found 2 gold so far and barely owned the machine a month.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will tell you the atpro is so popular Kelley is out of them and putting everyone on backorder for now.
The Toyota Camry is more popular than the Porsche 911. Just saying!

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The At pro costs like a toyota but acts like a porsche.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread