Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's look beyond our "professional" assessments of the show and it's construct, but at least consider that it does mitigate some of the negativity that some of the public may have of our sport. First, I would tell you that they are not making much from the show being aired, while they are not a long run syndication continuance will only come if it is rated highly enough. They are a long way from getting rich, rather I'm sure they love the opportunities they have presented them, as would we all. The series we aired was extremely expensive to produce and until they reach a multi-year deal, compensation is limited.

I too agree that they would be better off spending some time on technical insight rather than contests. The production crew does considerable work to gain access and line up supporting members such as archaeologists.

Overall, this is a good thing for us as it shows what we already knew, it's just for fun and doesn't hurt anyone. Support it.
..... One thing i hate is the bets the phony bets... that all these reality shows put in.... We know the bets i just some phony crap the network want's put in,.....

sturrat

Mar 30, 2012
Muskegon
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its like a show on fishing. They just show them catching fish and edit out the boring parts.

vetteb_96

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't stand watching them and their goofy sayings. I removed it from my DVR schedule. I'll wait for Chicago Ron's show this summer.

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vetteb_96 said:
I can't stand watching them and their goofy sayings. I removed it from my DVR schedule. I'll wait for Chicago Ron's show this summer.

So what is Chicago Ron's show.

Patfoundit

May 13, 2011
Shelbyville,KY
I'm sorry if this offends some people but it's only entertainment. I would imagine that any veteran that watches a war movie could pick it apart. I know I do, Nothing beats an F5 trainer jet painted up to be a Russian bad guy with our ammo hanging off its wings. I could say BDU's, LGB's, Hard Points, Squib Wires and unless you know the language, you wouldn't have a clue as to what theses are.The same goes for a doctor and a medical show. I know my wife as much as she's a huge fan, will absolutely kill CSI when there in the lab, that's what she over see's in her job. Like I said in the prior post, Yes I wish the would explain a little more about what they are doing, but if they got technical, would most viewers understand ground balance, Discriminate, etc. They make medal detecting look fun. After all, isn't that why WE do it? I would like them to finish the show with something like, Always get permission from the land owner, Always fill in your holes, something to educate new medal detector owners on how to be responsible hobbyist.

IMO

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry if this offends some people but it's only entertainment. I would imagine that any veteran that watches a war movie could pick it apart. I know I do, Nothing beats an F5 trainer jet painted up to be a Russian bad guy with our ammo hanging off its wings. I could say BDU's, LGB's, Hard Points, Squib Wires and unless you know the language, you wouldn't have a clue as to what theses are.The same goes for a doctor and a medical show. I know my wife as much as she's a huge fan, will absolutely kill CSI when there in the lab, that's what she over see's in her job. Like I said in the prior post, Yes I wish the would explain a little more about what they are doing, but if they got technical, would most viewers understand ground balance, Discriminate, etc. They make medal detecting look fun. After all, isn't that why WE do it? I would like them to finish the show with something like, Always get permission from the land owner, Always fill in your holes, something to educate new medal detector owners on how to be responsible hobbyist.

IMO

Great point Patfoundit

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I've watched them on the show, and I've followed your posts in the Garrett section.

You find more cool stuff than they do~

...and I'd rather read your posts then watch the show

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The episode of Diggers that I watched last night seemed to counter several of the criticisms I've seen on this thread. It was the episode where they hunting Elvis Presley's childhood home. The silliness quotient was markedly lower, they showed Tim and George finding plenty of junk amongst the cool stuff, and they even talked about some more technical details (using the word "chatter," etc.).

Maybe someone has been reading this forum? :)

I still like the show. Yes it's sometimes silly but I also understand that it is intended as entertainment. If the antics make it appeal to kids and gets them into MDing, it's a good thing.

And it's still not American Digger.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the Gumby :laughing7:

actually both episodes were OK to me

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The episode of Diggers that I watched last night seemed to counter several of the criticisms I've seen on this thread. It was the episode where they hunting Elvis Presley's childhood home. The silliness quotient was markedly lower, they showed Tim and George finding plenty of junk amongst the cool stuff, and they even talked about some more technical details (using the word "chatter," etc.).

Maybe someone has been reading this forum? :)

I still like the show. Yes it's sometimes silly but I also understand that it is intended as entertainment. If the antics make it appeal to kids and gets them into MDing, it's a good thing.

And it's still not American Digger.

Agree 100%

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
After watching diggers, it makes watching savage family hunters (or whatever its called) unbearable because it makes us md'ers look bad. Diggers is a good show though...better than a lot of other programming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread