How Cold?....Cold Enough to Freeze The Balls Off A Brass Monkey (brrrrr)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
bootmonkey_zps656c14b0.jpg

This piece of alleged history explains that in the olden days of sailing ships, cannon balls were stacked on the decks on brass plates called "monkeys." The plates had indentions in them that held the balls on the bottoms of the stacks. Brass, however, expands and contracts with the temperature and if it got cold enough, the cannon balls could fall...giving real foundation to the phrase "cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey!"

boot_zpsdbdeebb6.jpg

I put a pair of sweats over my jeans, a hoody under my winter jacket and my snowmobile boots. I hunted for over 2 hours this afternoon and last night after supper.

boot bbling.jpg

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your crazy haha nice finds!!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you have the Garrett digger...have you used a Lesche? How does it compare?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I see you have the Garrett digger...have you used a Lesche? How does it compare?
Now that you said that i see the Garrett guys ..KG & RM.. on diggers use the Lesche..... I never thought about what they used as a digger until you asked that question... I wonder why ?? .. I use a Lesche but have a Garrett digger coming to match up with my AT Pro....... So when i try it out i will let you know... I know the question was not for me but ..that is how it is......

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that you said that i see the Garrett guys ..KG & RM.. on diggers use the Lesche..... I never thought about what they used as a digger until you asked that question... I wonder why ?? .. I use a Lesche but have a Garrett digger coming to match up with my AT Pro....... So when i try it out i will let you know... I know the question was not for me but ..that is how it is......
On one of last nights shows they were using the Garrett
digger at one site and the Lesche at another.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread