New GTI 2500

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called Garrett and they would not give me a estimate for re-calibration. I also read off my serial number and she said it appears to be a 2002 model, anyone know how to decipher these numbers 21130026 ? So has anyone else sent theirs in for re-calibration and what they charged? Also wonder how much they charged to put in the new board/chip. I will probably send mine in at the end of the month.

Yes I sent mine in and the first number tells them. I have a 99 so mine was quite old. I also received a new coil also. They said that it would better. Cost was very reasonable ill send you a PM. That is with the new coil. I'm seriously thinking about seeing if I can just get a new box. It's old and I just would like to get a new model. Good luck though. HH Kevin

Gumybob

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Gilbert Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I send it in, maybe I need to find a local club here in the Phoenix area and let some of the members use mine and see if they recommend sending it in. Nice to have a sounding board so I can talk these things over. Chief, you said your's is a 99, so what does your SN number start with? I would think the year would have to be 2 digits, but with my first 3 being 211, I would take that as Feb. 2011.

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine started with 99. If it has treasure talk it does not have the new chip

marke17026

Feb 22, 2013
Fredericksburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500, Viper, Garrett Pro-Pointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GTI 2500

So many of you are happy with your GTI 2500? I've had mine for just a few weeks, but have been told that the Minelab CTX 3030 is much better??? Any thoughts, AND has anyone used the GTI 2500 on beaches and had good luck?

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
â—Ź Minelab Manticore â—Ź Minelab CTX-3030 â—Ź Minelab Equinox 800 â—Ź Minelab Goldmaster 1000 â—Ź Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So many of you are happy with your GTI 2500? I've had mine for just a few weeks, but have been told that the Minelab CTX 3030 is much better??? Any thoughts, AND has anyone used the GTI 2500 on beaches and had good luck?

I am very happy with my 2500, but I would also love to have a CTX-3030. My problem is that the 3030 cost almost three times as much as the 2500 :). I am a sucker for new tech features...you know...the kind that allow the manufacturer to ask top dollar, like GPS, and the ability to design modes on the PC and download to the detector. I know a lot of dollars go into R&D for a detector manufacturer, but when I look at the 3030 I see a smartphone on a stick (and I still want one :)).

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smart phone on a stick, that's rich. Thanks for the service too.:icon_thumright: I am a gadget guy too and like to learn the new detectors because that is where my fun comes in.

I never had a 2500 but do have the GTI 1500 and can tell you that your 2500 will work well in the dry sand at a saltwater beach but being a single freq it will false like heck in most of the wet sand. Salt concentrations vary even within feet and so does black sand. For that wet sand or water you need a CTX 3030, CZ-21, Sov GT, or a Excal. But the 3030 beats all of them for more fun if not more finds. PI's are deeper but lack disc.

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just love the 2500. My sick fantasy is to constantly detect with it for hours on end where I can't feel my arm. It's a fine machine is realy what I must say. Oh now don't get me wrong the 3030 does sound like a awesome machine. It would take me allot longer to pay it off with my finds. I have paid for the 2500 over five times. Every detector is good I must say. What makes them really good is knowing your machine. You could also do well on a less expensive machine I did not say cheap. Cheap machines are what they are Cheap! I mean cheap on how long they last. Depending on what machine you use is only up to you. I love garrett products but there are also people that love other brands. All I can sayid good luck with your choice. Check out some of my posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread