AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I am sure the information you are asking is probably confidential. Serial numbers allow the manufacturer to identify the purchaser, the date purchased, the dealer and any runs which may have had issues. However, I am sure Garrett would be glad to help you, especially if you are looking at a used detector or a new one to see if it had problems. Just write down the serial number and call and ask them. 1 800 527 4011.

Good luck! Garrett has excellent customer service!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, So I know this has been asked before, but I tried the search and I couldn't find the post i stumbled on before. So I'm hoping someone could help me out.

1. Which AT Pro Serial #'s were problematic with the coil issue, falsing, etc..?

2. What do the #'s in the AT Pro Serial number mean?

Thanks in advance.

Nobody has asked this before so you are the first. And what do you mean by etc? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know if it's confidential or not, but I read a post on here where it was like: all AT Pros start with a 5, the next number was the year it was produced, next number was the month, and the rest of the numbers were for like an individual ID #. I just can't find that post anymore so I was hoping someone on here could help.

And what I meant by etc... it seemed like the first run of the AT Pros were problematic in different ways. Some has coil connection issues, some had falling (probably due to the connection), some had leaky control boxes. I just meant etc... so I didn't have to list out anymore issues haha
Man, I wish I could find that post now

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd like to know this as well?

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first production units started with 50XXXXXX. These were made in 2010. Current year production units are 53XXXXXX. The first units did not have shaft locks like the new ones do, but the middle rod with shaft locks has been available as a dealer stocked item for awhile. Some of the early units made a tone alert when you held it in the air and twisted the coil right to left.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The first production units started with 50XXXXXX. These were made in 2010. Current year production units are 53XXXXXX. The first units did not have shaft locks like the new ones do, but the middle rod with shaft locks has been available as a dealer stocked item for awhile. Some of the early units made a tone alert when you held it in the air and twisted the coil right to left.

Thank you!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread