Is Garrett GTI 2500 Pro best for me?

Diggette

Feb 3, 2013
Albany, NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I will be moving to Alaska it is really important that a MD be good for detecting gold. However, I love looking for everything so I would like to use a MD that is great to use for all purpose detecting. Does anyone have experience with the Garrett GTI 2500 Pro? Any help would be much appreciated.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett At gold for prospecting and lakes and snow hunt rain. But shhh it's a secret.

I'd say At Pro but its more for beaches and everything else but for prospecting the At Gold will have a slight
advantage.

Last edited:

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
Garrett At gold for prospecting and lakes and snow hunt rain. But shhh it's a secret.

I'd say At Pro but its more for beaches and everything else but for prospecting the At Gold will have a slight
advantage.

Just what I was goin to say

OP
OP
D

Diggette

Feb 3, 2013
Albany, NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your feedback. AT Gold is considerably cheaper, but is it good enough to detect for relics? When I go to Alaska I would love to find gold but I do not want to limit myself to only gold. I have one detector now but its old and cheap and since I will be in gold country I want to make sure I use the best of the best MD.

JC DETECT

Feb 24, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 - 15" WOT 3KHZ, Tesoro Cibola - 10x12 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the 2500 pro, and didnt like it to much. I think either the AT Gold, or the X-Terra 705 dual coil package which gives you the 18.75 khz for around the 887 price point. I think you will do well with either one.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The At Gold is great for relics, and will detect sub gram gold. The GTI2500 won't detect the subgram gold. We have a great Adventure Package for the At Gold on our website.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At gold over xterra any day of the week and yes the At Gold should be great for relics prospecting lake hunting coins and jewlrey hunting. Cant go wrong with the At series. I have the Pro and its fricken awesome. I could only imagine The At Gold. There also weather proof wich the xterra arent.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread