thinking about AT pro but not sure where to buy one

pull-tab4u

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm have been playing around detecting with my daughter and am ready to 'pull the trigger' on a decent detector. i was thinking AT pro and a pro-pointer since it seems to work well in wet and dry conditions and i gets good reviews from y'all. my main question is where would be a good place to pick one up? i had place an order with a certain florida retailer who has told me they are 4-weeks backordered and promptly charged my credit card (i gotta baaad feeling about this..) I will be cancelling that order tomorrow regardless but since you guys(and gals?) are 'in the know' where do you go for gear? I'm NE of Atlanta if there's anywhere local.
thanks,
ed

JT1080

Sep 17, 2012
Santa Clarita
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed at Treasure Mountain detectors is my goto guy. He's great, will answer all your questions, is courteous and has great competitive pricing. If you want great customer service, call him first.

Bart at Big Boys Hobbies is also a highly recommended dealer.

Both are sponsors here and can be found on the forums below.

hondapartshero

Jan 9, 2013
Most people seem to like Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and call to get the best deal. I was going to but ended up picking one up on CL today brand new for $500, whoo whoo, can't wait to use it. Good luck!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

chuncho

Feb 10, 2013
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm having no luck finding one either. can't get anyone to respond to my e-mails and it appears they are sold out everywhere. booo

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Support the forum sponsor and sellers, do your homework and email or pm them on this forum. They are all great vendors and will give you everything you need to get started.

PS as a beginner or old fart you will really love the AT Pro, I love mine.

Skinsfan

Feb 14, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garret Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Call Tom at Miller MDZ. Forum sponsor. Very responsive to emails as well.

RelicDetective

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2013
I work the AT Pro and look for anything with it. Honestly, anything. I have found civil war relics in hot ground where it has been known to be heavily hunted in central Virginia. Not just bullets but also tools, buttons and a US plate. Using it on the coastal shores in wildwood NJ, Virginia beach and even a trip to Nags Head NC had very good success in the sand and salt water line. Ground balancing is automatic, the modes are set nicely and pinpointing was fairly accurate once I adjusted me to the machine showing location. Good to 8 to 10 inches with good finds. Will upload some pics soon.

OP
OP
P

pull-tab4u

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since he was mentioned first ( and he's another Ed) I talked with Ed at T.M. yesterday and he set me up with an AT Pro and some other 'essentials' and saved me a bit of dough as well. Ed was a pleasure to talk with and helpful as I'm sure the other 'preferred' sources are. Helps to love what you do. I'm looking forward to getting my new toy tomorrow and getting out there! Glad i asked y'all - thanks for the fast responses!

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett "Ace 250", Garrett "Groundhog", BH "Tracker IV", Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I highly recommend this place. Bob is super nice and very helpful. He also has some of the best prices i have found anywhere.

Link:

Last edited by a moderator:

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I will get mine from Bart (BBH), but he is in OK which makes it nice for me. I called Kelley and they are on backorder there.

JT1080

Sep 17, 2012
Santa Clarita
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pull-tab4u said:
Since he was mentioned first ( and he's another Ed) I talked with Ed at T.M. yesterday and he set me up with an AT Pro and some other 'essentials' and saved me a bit of dough as well. Ed was a pleasure to talk with and helpful as I'm sure the other 'preferred' sources are. Helps to love what you do. I'm looking forward to getting my new toy tomorrow and getting out there! Glad i asked y'all - thanks for the fast responses!

You chose well. I can't say enough good things about Ed. He's awesome to do business with!

OP
OP
P

pull-tab4u

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got my first $.02!

just got my at pro and tried it out in my yard, a yard full of buried nails and other iron junk - and viola! could be the start of something wonderful..
first_02_sm.JPG

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I work the AT Pro and look for anything with it. Honestly, anything. I have found civil war relics in hot ground where it has been known to be heavily hunted in central Virginia. Not just bullets but also tools, buttons and a US plate. Using it on the coastal shores in wildwood NJ, Virginia beach and even a trip to Nags Head NC had very good success in the sand and salt water line. Ground balancing is automatic, the modes are set nicely and pinpointing was fairly accurate once I adjusted me to the machine showing location. Good to 8 to 10 inches with good finds. Will upload some pics soon.

Hey RelicDetctive how well doesa it get in depth in the hot soil of virginia, thinking about taking it to a div event.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thank everyone! I am taking contact onformation and will email you ASAP as I get more in stock. Feel free to send me your email address to [email protected] and I will notify you as soon as I get more stock. Hoping for early this next coming week. Please use email I provided as I may not see the post or pm here.

Thanks!

Love to help you! Bart

RelicDetective

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2013
The AT Pro was exceptional in the hot ground in the Orange County and culpeper area farms I had permission to work. I was told that it also won a competition in the Brandy Station area vs. more expensive units. I find it made detecting easy if you remember to use the auto ground balancing every 20 yards. It changes that much. I feel the depth it had some bullet located was exceptional. Measured 9 inches on one button as well. It indicated a hit at 12 inches and after 14 measured inches landed a pulled cleaner from the ground. Combined with Garrett pinpointer was actually fun. To find things in these areas was incredible. Not sure they were searched so heavily either as the area isn't so frequented or given permission to hunt. This was a family friends property. Still the at pro out performed a Tesoro that was used by another hunter. Going to try other units and do a comparison.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread