NEW ACE 250 Coming

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett "Ace 250", Garrett "Groundhog", BH "Tracker IV", Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, i purchased the ACE 250 from Kellyco today. I'm pretty excited and looking forward having a bit more productive machine. I'm stepping up from a BH Tracker IV. I also have a new Garrett Pin Pointer to help. So, with these 2 new additions i'm really planning to improve my odds. I read all the post here and did a lot of research, for my price range this seems to be the best fit for me. I'll post back on here when i have some results.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You'll love it it's a great machine I found many good things with it and it loves coins. HH!!!

OP
OP
P47RCFlyer

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great thanks, can't wait for the FedEx guy, LOL

Ky Red

Feb 27, 2013
I've been using an ace 350 for bout a year and have loved it. Getting my new At pro in bout week or two. You will love your Garrett. Keep us posted. Happy hunting.

OP
OP
P47RCFlyer

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using an ace 350 for bout a year and have loved it. Getting my new At pro in bout week or two. You will love your Garrett. Keep us posted. Happy hunting.

Thanks. The AT Pro will be my next step at some point down the line. I am gonna have to make the 250 pay for the At Pro, LOL. I'm pretty excited about trying it out. I'll keep you guys posted on my results.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yea definitely keep us posted, you'll fall in love immediately lol I know I did

IMDIGGINIT

Greenie
Feb 14, 2013
Mineola,tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought me an ACE 250 a couple weeks ago and I am really glad. Started this year with a second hand Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202,but wanted something new. I have only hunted in my yard but the ACE has found clad that the BH missed. I just got permission to hunt some new land so Im hoping for some more finds. Im over in Mineola Tx, not far from White Oak. Hope you have some good luck with your new ACE. Im lovin mine.

Arrowheadhunter

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to learn my ace 350 but only have an hour use in so far. I'm going to try my hardest to find something tomorrow.

rakoom2002

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hehe I literally just did the same thing. Got the BH Tracker IV and BH Pinpointer and used them for two days and then went and got the Ace 250 and Pro Pointer. Taking them both to the beach in the morning. Good luck mate. Have fun.

hondapartshero

Jan 9, 2013
Must be a similar trend. I got the BH4 and a week later bought a 250 and propointer, 3 months later I have an AT Pro

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just throwing my 2 cents in here. I went from the 250 to AT Pro and its worth every penny. It is making MD'ing so much more enjoyable for me. Still learning the machine mind you but, if its there, it will find it. The Ace is a good starter machine that you can swing for a few years if you'd want. It will find anything down to about 4-6 inches, depending on soil conditions. Have fun and Happy Hunting

Last edited:

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ordered a Ace 250 Friday. Any tips or machine prep to do before I go out for the first time?

I suggest reading the manual, watching the dvd, if included. Leave the MD in all metal mode and place some coins in your yard, along with pull tabs, bottle caps amd such. You'll want to understand what each sounds like and how they read. The best advice is practice, practice, practice. Also, recommend MD'ing in your yard as much as possible for guess what...more practice.

iowaguy75

Greenie
Mar 17, 2013
Thank you very much, with my job I get laid off for the entire summer, so I am going to have lots of time to go. If I love it, I will upgrade soon. Do you guys think that the 250 is a good enough machine to help me find some stuff so that I can tell myself that buying a F75 would be a good idea?

hondapartshero

Jan 9, 2013
I love the ATP, I've done some additional hunts at places that I had my 250 before and it definitely hits harder and deeper than the 250. My biggest "complaint" is that I miss the smaller coil of the 250 for trashy areas but I'm working on getting an 8x5 coil. Whatever detector you get the key is get lots of swing time no matter where you go to get used to the signals. I usually hit a local park on Saturdays to learn the machines. Check my YouTube channel in my sig, I try to upload all my digs whether "successful" or not (every dig to me is success because I learn something new a about the machine).

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Again my 2 cents. First off, lucky you for being laid off in the summer. Secondly, you can swing the Ace for years if you choose to. Its a good machine. The learning curve on higher end MD's is that much steeper. So if you enjoy the hobby i'd say upgrade when you feel its warranted. Others here might have a different option, this is simply just mine. Happy Hunting and good luck!

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same story as many others...

Saw two episodes of Diggers and immediately bought an ACE 350. Within a month I had a propointer and AT Pro.

Still trying to get the girlfriend interested but she's not into dirt and stuff.

jekyll23

Mar 18, 2013
Downey, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought my 250 last July.....bought my girlfriend a 250 in September. very user friendly great machines 800+ coins to date. Upgrading one machine to a 350 before summer is over. You will enjoy the Garrett could choice in my book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread